Wheels what fits and how they look

Rob_94

17x8.5j et37 on the front, whats the biggest tyre I could fit? I was thinking 235/40 but thought I'd check on here first

Dont want the stretched look but realise they're on the wide side

Cheers

spooke

Advanced Member
Rob_94 said:
17x8.5j et37 on the front, whats the biggest tyre I could fit? I was thinking 235/40 but thought I'd check on here first

Dont want the stretched look but realise they're on the wide side

Cheers
245/40 is probably better suited for 8.5's, I wouldn't go any bigger than that though.

Rob_94

spooke said:
What's your current geometry?
Just lowered on Mugen Showa shocks which came from Japan. Getting a fast road set up at TGM on Friday though.. getting the wheels/tyres fitted at the same time

spooke

Advanced Member
Rob_94 said:
Just lowered on Mugen Showa shocks which came from Japan. Getting a fast road set up at TGM on Friday though.. getting the wheels/tyres fitted at the same time
You probably won't have enough camber to run 245/40 then and will probably have to go for 235/45, TGM should be able to advise though.

Rob_94

spooke said:
You probably won't have enough camber to run 245/40 then and will probably have to go for 235/45, TGM should be able to advise though.
Just realised I forgot to mention I'm getting bilstein b16s fitted for the FRSU, so probably would get enough camber - spoke to Tom this afternoon though and he recommended 235/40 so probably will go with that to be on the safe side

Kevin85

Advanced Member
Afaik B16's don't come with adjustable top mounts, so you wont be able to get anywhere near the amount of camber you'll need to fit them under the arch. :(

They might fit with enough ride height, but It depends how much 'poke' you're happy to run.

Rob_94

Kevin85 said:
Afaik B16's don't come with adjustable top mounts, so you wont be able to get anywhere near the amount of camber you'll need to fit them under the arch. :(

They might fit with enough ride height, but It depends how much 'poke' you're happy to run.
Yeah probably true tbh, makes the tyre decision a bit easier anyways..

carlos7777777

Advanced Member
Thought I'd post on here instead of making another thread...

Rota grids
17x8
ET 42

Would these fit without much work and what seize tyres would be best? 225/45/17 or could I get away with chunkier tyres?

Cheers,
Carl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
carlos7777777 said:
Thought I'd post on here instead of making another thread...

Rota grids
17x8
ET 42

Would these fit without much work and what seize tyres would be best? 225/45/17 or could I get away with chunkier tyres?

Cheers,
Carl.

You'd scrub at the back depending on your ride height. If your trying to fit the chunkiest tyre you can id say 235 40/45 front and 215 rear. Your arch lips may catch the tyre and damage your arch lips if you don't have them rolled.

carlos7777777

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
You'd scrub at the back depending on your ride height. If your trying to fit the chunkiest tyre you can id say 235 40/45 front and 215 rear. Your arch lips may catch the tyre and damage your arch lips if you don't have them rolled.
Thanks for the input mate.

Once I receive them I'll do a trial for and try go from there.

The car isn't terribly low so hopefully should be okay!

pau_teg08

bit of dilemma on fitment for RPF1 from Tegiwa

17x7.5 with offset of ET48
or
17x8 with offset of ET45

Id probably have 215/45 for tyres, can someone tell me what work would be involved with either options above?
car had frsu at tgm a few months back.

thanks!

Reggie91

Advanced Member
You'll have no issues on the front with even the 17x8's with 225 tyres.

Its the rears that might cause issues. I'm running rpf1's 17x8's 225 ad08's on the rears and get a slight scrub so had to run -1.5 deg camber. Alternatively you could just get your arches rolled. You should be okay with a 215 tyre but they might be a little stretched.

7.5 on a 215 should be alright but you might be disappointed in the fitment.

pau_teg08

Disappointed with fitment on 7.5J? Do you mean that its not gonna be wide enough (more oem fitment/looks) ?

Reggie91 said:
You'll have no issues on the front with even the 17x8's with 225 tyres.

Its the rears that might cause issues. I'm running rpf1's 17x8's 225 ad08's on the rears and get a slight scrub so had to run -1.5 deg camber. Alternatively you could just get your arches rolled. You should be okay with a 215 tyre but they might be a little stretched.

7.5 on a 215 should be alright but you might be disappointed in the fitment.

Reggie91

Advanced Member
pau_teg08 said:
Disappointed with fitment on 7.5J? Do you mean that its not gonna be wide enough (more oem fitment/looks) ?
Yeah that's what i meant. It wont seem wide enough, especially on the front.