Wheels what fits and how they look

Beefman147

Hi. Does anyone on here run Evo 9 Enkeis? I have been offered a set as a swap for my standard alloys. Just wanting to get an idea how they would look on my DC5. I would be getting them refurbed in fiat 750f bronze pictured below so would be great if anyone could share photos of a white DC5 with bronze alloys also. Thoughts??

CrouchyM

Anyone know if 17X8.5 ET31 will fit okay & what tyre size is recommended?

Im running spoon springs so a 25mm drop all round and no camber adjustment currently.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
CrouchyM said:
Anyone know if 17X8.5 ET31 will fit okay & what tyre size is recommended?

Im running spoon springs so a 25mm drop all round and no camber adjustment currently.
That won't fit on the rear without rolled arches and some camber. Fronts you may just get away with depending on ride height and camber.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

MikeH89

Can anyone confirm if 17x7.5 ET45 with a 225/45/17 will fit all round without any problems?

And another choice I have is 17x8 ET48 with the same 225 tyre, but unsure if the fitment will look right with that offset.

I can see people are running this size wheel but not necessarily this size tyre, although I think the majority run a 225 rather than 215

Reggie91

Advanced Member
MikeH89 said:
Can anyone confirm if 17x7.5 ET45 with a 225/45/17 will fit all round without any problems?

And another choice I have is 17x8 ET48 with the same 225 tyre, but unsure if the fitment will look right with that offset.

I can see people are running this size wheel but not necessarily this size tyre, although I think the majority run a 225 rather than 215
You'll be fine running either without rolling arches or anything.

17x8 et48 with a 225 is a popular size for the teg. Ran that myself before going wider

MikeH89

Reggie91 said:
You'll be fine running either without rolling arches or anything.

17x8 et48 with a 225 is a popular size for the teg. Ran that myself before going wider
Great, cheers Reggie thanks for your help :)

TomNorris

Advanced Member
I have SSR GTV02 18" (8.5j) with 225 45 tyres. Oh how they rub. Look great but I now have to take a detour on my way home to avoid speed bumps....

Greedy Sheedy

I'm thinking of getting these Enkei nt03rr wheels (https://www.hyper-sport.co.uk/store/enkei-nt03rr). At the moment I hate the wheels I have on my car (were on it when I got it) and I especially hate the width (7,5), I just think it looks crap with my setup and need a change.

What I was wondering was, will the aforementioned wheels fit with a 17"x9 et45 setup fit (or even potentially 18s)? It's sitting on 18s atm with YellowSpeed coilovers and the arches have been rolled, so I can adjust the height depending on fitment requirements but I still don't really know what I'm doing tbh, lol.

Any sugestions? I really, really would like to get some new, wider wheels!

Cheers,
Greedy

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Greedy Sheedy said:
I'm thinking of getting these Enkei nt03rr wheels (https://www.hyper-sport.co.uk/store/enkei-nt03rr). At the moment I hate the wheels I have on my car (were on it when I got it) and I especially hate the width (7,5), I just think it looks crap with my setup and need a change.

What I was wondering was, will the aforementioned wheels fit with a 17"x9 et45 setup fit (or even potentially 18s)? It's sitting on 18s atm with YellowSpeed coilovers and the arches have been rolled, so I can adjust the height depending on fitment requirements but I still don't really know what I'm doing tbh, lol.

Any sugestions? I really, really would like to get some new, wider wheels!

Cheers,
Greedy
A lot of people go with 17x9 ET40 on the front which IMO is the perfect fitment. Rear is always a struggle.

I'm currently running:
17x8 ET33 on the front
17x8 ET48 on the rear

Front has loads of clearance, rear not so much. I'm running 2.7 degrees of camber with 225 tyres on the rear and it's very close!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Greedy Sheedy

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the response. Ok so if people run 17x9 on the front, would they most likely be running a similar set-up on the rear? Just a slightly higher offset?

Also, with your rear clearance, is that clearance from the outside or inside (sorry I am a noob)? I'd prefer not to run much more camber than about 2.7 either, think it's only about 1.6 atm but the wheels are currently only 7.5s.

I'd actually consider 8s over 9s but with these particular wheels I think the concaved element will look a lot better with 9s than 8s (in-fact they don't actually offer the concave version with 8s), and can't really find any other wheels that I'm set on!

Thanks for the help!
Greedy

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Greedy Sheedy said:
Hi Sam,

Thanks for the response. Ok so if people run 17x9 on the front, would they most likely be running a similar set-up on the rear? Just a slightly higher offset?

Also, with your rear clearance, is that clearance from the outside or inside (sorry I am a noob)? I'd prefer not to run much more camber than about 2.7 either, think it's only about 1.6 atm but the wheels are currently only 7.5s.

I'd actually consider 8s over 9s but with these particular wheels I think the concaved element will look a lot better with 9s than 8s (in-fact they don't actually offer the concave version with 8s), and can't really find any other wheels that I'm set on!

Thanks for the help!
Greedy
You'll want to run staggered offset on the rear, theres really not room at all! 17x9 on the rear will definitely rub on the arch lips unless they're rolled?

What camber are you running on the front? As this dictates realistically what you can run size wise.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Greedy Sheedy

-2.5 on the front atm according to my TI Motorsport print out. But again that's with 18x7.5 (I don't know the offset of the wheel which is annoying and can't find any info about them online), tyres 215/45s.

By staggered offset, I assume you mean front wheels have different offset to the rears? It's difficult because obviously I have to commit to buying wheels without knowing if they will fit, which is a bit awkward.

Cheers for your help with this mate, it's much appreciated. I might actually order some wheels this weekend if this all goes well =))

Mebz

Advanced Member
I'm running 17x9 et45 with 255 tyre on the front. 3deg camber and I get no rubbing on the arch. On full lock you get a little bit of rub on the chassis leg.

On the rear I'm running 17x8 et48 with 225 tyre. 1.8deg camber and I get no rubbing. Arches are stock, no rolling.