Where is my ECU?

Duckhunter

Can anyone tell me where the ECU is in the DC5? Any diagrams etc would be helpfull. Also is it easy to replace it i.e. do you just unplug the old one and put a new one in???

Thanks!

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
Hi mate

Its under the dash board cupboard in the passager footwell..

Remove the cover there, Should unclip, then you need a philips screw driver and remove the screws holding the ecu.. pull out the plugs and bobsyourmonkhouse, its out.

You might need a ajustable spanner instead of a philips, just depends on whats holding it in :wink:

oh .. yes you do just unplug and put the new one in.. 5min job

UW

Adz

Advanced Member
So wot you upto duckhunter? why do you wanna replace your ecu? hondata?..

Duckhunter

No such treats adz!

I'm just trying to fix the one I got. My Import delear has got another DC5 in and there is talk of swaping out the ECU to see if it solves my problem.

HONDATA does sounds the nuts though. I reckon if I have to get a replacement ECU, I might as well jsut get one. Is it a self contained unit, or a bolt on to the original??

DC51VTC

Advanced Member
Duckhunter,

The Hondata is a reflash to your original module - might not be the best option for you given your current problems... or might solve it (who knows the secrets of the Black Magic box?)

Duckhunter

Unnamed_warrior said:
Hi mate

Its under the dash board cupboard in the passager footwell..
Cheers UW!

Found it nice and easy! If I swap it out with another will it cause problems with the security coding?? Do you know?

Cheers Duckhunter