Which springs

L33LEG

Hi I've got a set of tein springs on my teg but the front end is too high. Rear is fine but want the front down quite a bit more. Before I go down the coilover route which springs are the lowest available? Pics to give me an idea would be very helpful as well, thank you.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Do a search using the search bar and this part of the forum and you'll find loads and also some here pics within here of the spoon mugen setup

Sounds like you have the reverse rake issue found with some eibach's, but the search will explain that more and a spring combo to remove it if you chose not to go spoon

Lemons

Advanced Member
I can't help with first hand advice but when I was looking into springs searching on google for "itrdc5 springs" came up with a lot of useful threads, some with pics. Forum search bar wasn't so great.

Info found
Spoon = clunky
Eibach = reverse rake
Mix of Eibach pro and sportline = perfect.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Spoon = clunky
Eibach = reverse rake
Mix of Eibach pro and sportline = perfect.
Spoon = clunky (only if installed incorrectly and used with OEM shocks and no rubber spring protectors).

They are perfect on mugen dampers and offer the perfect ride height and stance, but if going on OEM dampers they need to be seated perfectly and have the OEM plastic string covers installed so the springs do not impact one another under full compressions from memory as some were reporting a clunk on full lock and this was down to missing these and some were not 100% seated in the damper properly

Search results loads (9 pages) :

James-T

Advanced Member
I swear some of the Spoon springs gave reverse rake too?

Tbh the car has reverse rake as standard but it's less obvious as it's like a 4x4.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I swear some of the Spoon springs gave reverse rake too?

Tbh the car has reverse rake as standard but it's less obvious as it's like a 4x4.
Any images of that, I have never heard of or seen reverse rake on a DC5 with spoon springs (on OEM or Mugen dampers), maybe if someone's dampers are failing I guess?

The Spoon drop is equal across the front and rear at -25mm from OEM ride height

Deffo no reverse rake on my old spoon springs (so assume that would have been if someone's dampers were failing maybe) as I found it a very good equal stance (this is on the mugen dampers so a total drop of -40mm

OEM does look like an off-roader tbh :D

54c966cb19fd4cd0b15af39d4692c6a8.jpg92de825017db61b5a405c5e10b3751ac.jpg

James-T

Advanced Member
No images to hand, might be able to ask Rob R if he has any photos of his with this issue. Think it might have been down to fitting EP3 springs to the DC5 but I can't remember as it was years ago!

Flevondov

Had tein springs on mine when I bought my car and had quite a lot of reverse rake
After looking online and searching about got I got a mixed set up eibachs with the lower ones on the front and higher ones on the rear. To be honest the front doesn’t go as low as I’d like and there is still some rake but better than before.
Also just to note I bought another dc5 that came with spoon springs and the front sat nice and low but rear was a bit high for me on my wheels but on the Oem wheels sat really nice.

I think I’m just too picky and will probs just end up getting a set of coilovers to get it sitting how I want.
Don’t know if this is any use to you but thought I’d share

L33LEG

Thanks for all the replies. I think I need to use the search next time I start a thread ha, will have a good luck now.

Eibach sportlines are usually a decent height on other brand cars so I'll see if I can find pics of them on integras and see if they'll do for me.

Probably end up with coilovers but I barely drive the car so wasn't wanting to spend £800 or so on them. Tein coilovers seem very cheap and a lot of people use them so I might try them. Lots of research to be done I think before I decide.