Who does KPro in South of Ireland ?

Ken A

Advanced Member
Anyone know of a tuner whos had experience of the DC5 down my way??

Also, Is this a useless mod without doing intake and exhaust ?

Tarmac

Advanced Member
It's an excellent mod. Buy the KPro and get Jim Russell to fit it and tune it for you. He's the guy who is tuning my teg currently and he is based in Waterford. There are other places around the country with varying reports. Some people have had good experiences, most have had nightmares so I won't even name these places. If you want Jim's number, let me know and I'll pm you with it. You'd get best results out of this with your exhaust and induction etc. but because it's programmable, it's no problem. Just reprogram it whenever you add a new relevant mod. Plenty of people on this site have them fitted and the consensus is excellent in general on them.

Ken A

Advanced Member
Tarmac said:
It's an excellent mod. Buy the KPro and get Jim Russell to fit it and tune it for you. He's the guy who is tuning my teg currently and he is based in Waterford. There are other places around the country with varying reports. Some people have had good experiences, most have had nightmares so I won't even name these places. If you want Jim's number, let me know and I'll pm you with it. You'd get best results out of this with your exhaust and induction etc. but because it's programmable, it's no problem. Just reprogram it whenever you add a new relevant mod. Plenty of people on this site have them fitted and the consensus is excellent in general on them.
Good stuff bud. is it from the Hondata site I'd have to buy it ?
Since this car probably wont be tracked and is going to be my everyday car I cant see myself doing much mods, engine wise to it. Maybe CAI. Would the KPro then be a waste of money for me ?

PS....I'm buying my car in Waterford !! :wink: :wink:

Tarmac

Advanced Member
not a waste of money at all. an exhaust, induction and a KPro would be a nice setup. it's an affordable e.c.u. too. i'd recommend buying the KPro from CPL Racing or System R. there are places in Ireland that sell them but i'd personally deal with a company that has plenty of experience with the KPro for the DC5.

here's the websites:

CPL: http://www.cplracing.co.uk/
System R: http://www.system-r.co.uk/

there is a cheaper alternative also if you don't want a programmable ecu like the KPro. Couture Auto sell Spoon ecu's for the DC5 and I'm sure they could hammer out a nice deal on one for you if you ask them. :D

macer

Advanced Member
O yea tuning of a K-Pro in Ireland. Well I have had a very bad and a very good experience of getting it mapped.
The lad that tried to tune the car first time made a complete mess of it time and time again then the smart arse tried to put the blame back on me saying I was putting bad fuel in the car and was messing with the Maps etc, basically he would not admit he couldn’t get the Job done.
Anyway then I took the Car to Track Day Performance in Wicklow who also sells the K-Pro. What can I say he did a fantastic job, Nicely mapped on 95Ron with no knock also a nice racefuel map to go with it if I ever decide to take it out on the Track.

Their number is 040462650.

@Ken if you get a K-Pro get it professionally mapped do not use the maps that come with it. But leave the ECU mod to last because every time you mod the car you will need to get it re-mapped witch will cost ya each time

@Tarmac do Couture Auto sell a Spoon ECU mapped for 95Ron? I take you cant get a 95Ron spoon ECU but ya never know

Tarmac

Advanced Member
Haven't a clue macer to be honest. Nick only said in passing the last day to me that they were offering Spoon ecu's for the DC5 now. i'll ask him the next tme i'm talking to him.

Ken A

Advanced Member
Ok Karl thanks. I wont be doing any KPro for a good while I'd say> As you said, it'll be the last thing to be done and I'll have enough before then..

BTW...hoe does the racefuel map work..as in how do you switch it over to that map or does it adjust automatically when you put in the higher octane fuel ??

macer

Advanced Member
Ken A said:
Ok Karl thanks. I wont be doing any KPro for a good while I'd say> As you said, it'll be the last thing to be done and I'll have enough before then..

BTW...hoe does the racefuel map work..as in how do you switch it over to that map or does it adjust automatically when you put in the higher octane fuel ??
With a laptop and the Hondata software you can load differant maps.