Why is everyone selling up?

Jvzr

Advanced Member
Iv had mine over 2.5 years and can't see it going anywhere unless it for an fd2 and for now with no kids etc I don't need an fd2.
I drive mine a fair bit, some weeks it mightn't drive at all, others it could do 300-400kms and love driving it every time.
And taking it on track has changed my opinion of it so can't see it going anywhere.

Only other cars I would sell for is r33 gtr or rx7 but the latter is just to scary to take on not having any mechanical knowledge.
33 gtr would break me to run it over here between tax and petrol.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

civic17_99

Advanced Member
FireDance said:
On Facebook. Look up Chris S & his a lovely looking car
That will be mine :) she's a stunning car to be honest. I think the only thing that's putting people off a little is the mileage. But everything has been done, i have so much paper work for it. I've owned the car for nearly 9 years now so all the miles have been put on by me.

Mebz

Advanced Member
civic17_99 said:
That will be mine :) she's a stunning car to be honest. I think the only thing that's putting people off a little is the mileage. But everything has been done, i have so much paper work for it. I've owned the car for nearly 9 years now so all the miles have been put on by me.
So it you I've been speaking to through eBay, now I can snoop on your posts to get some history

civic17_99

Advanced Member
Mebz said:
So it you I've been speaking to through eBay, now I can snoop on your posts to get some history
Yeah that would be me bud. Feel free to look I'm sure you'll see everything you need.

carlos7777777

Advanced Member
I believe I've had mine for nearly 5 years now and since purchasing my own place, buying a second car for a daily and finishing my Uni course; over the last 2-3 years, the Dc5 has never really been used and has probably done 2k miles over the last 2 years and has been tucked away in the garage!

For this reason, and spending too much time on the house, I've considered selling up and using the money in more useful ways but think that I would regret it, resulting in me spending even more money buying another Dc5 in the future.

It's a shame to see so many being sold; hopefully the prices will rise over time!

mil1lion

Advanced Member
I'm 6 years strong now and still plan to keep it for a couple more years. Still plenty of things I want to do with it. I prefer to keep a car for a long time and do bits each year so it's never the same car year on year.

I wonder if a lot of people particularly the ones who have had theirs a long time have just finished playing with it. Once you've done everything you want to it there's always an itch to get a new one & start playing again.

Linus27

Advanced Member
I'm keeping mine now and its going to be turned even more into a track car. The new map I have has transformed the car and is such a blast to drive. Next on the list is Bilstein B16 coilovers and then go from there. Not much else worth doing at this stage.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Linus27 said:
I'm keeping mine now and its going to be turned even more into a track car. The new map I have has transformed the car and is such a blast to drive. Next on the list is Bilstein B16 coilovers and then go from there. Not much else worth doing at this stage.
If you are wanting to increase castor down the line, which I would thoroughly recommend, then I'd advise against the B16's due to them running really weird springs.

Mardgee

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
If you are wanting to increase castor down the line, which I would thoroughly recommend, then I'd advise against the B16's due to them running really weird springs.
I‘ve been looking at this for next year, what‘s best as a 70% track car in your opinion Chris?

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Mardgee said:
I‘ve been looking at this for next year, what‘s best as a 70% track car in your opinion Chris?
All depends on budget mate. If you're not going to change the mounts to caster top mounts then there's nothing wrong with the B16's if you ask me. Spring rate may be a little on the soft side according to some but I never had an issue with it at all.

C2AXG

Advanced Member
Mines for sale because I don't use it and looking at buying something in particular.
I think I have priced it fairly and I'm open to offers but no one has contacted me about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Mine went for sale Monday morning on PH for £8250 I think.

Got an email within an hour, viewing arranged for last night.

He came down, we went for a drive etc. He's asked me to sort one thing out which I am trying to do before Saturday, if that's done he's buying it.

Only had two other emails, one a trader who offered me £7150 and another asking if I'd accept £6500.

No other messages or calls though.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
Mine went for sale Monday morning on PH for £8250 I think.

Got an email within an hour, viewing arranged for last night.

He came down, we went for a drive etc. He's asked me to sort one thing out which I am trying to do before Saturday, if that's done he's buying it.

Only had two other emails, one a trader who offered me £7150 and another asking if I'd accept £6500.

No other messages or calls though.
Hope it goes well on Saturday mate. Can't believe someone offered 6500 I'd have gone psycho lmao.

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
Hope it goes well on Saturday mate. Can't believe someone offered 6500 I'd have gone psycho lmao.
Yeah someone has offered me £5500 for mine 😡

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Dazaturbo said:
Yeah someone has offered me £5500 for mine 😡
Hope you told them to tie an anchor round their ankle and jump of Brighton Pier

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
Perfect! I'd love to see it

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Just called him a c unit.

Midnight said:
How much did you pay for the car?
Under £5k, but not really relevant as it was off the road and needed a fair amount of work.

Midnight

Advanced Member
Tongue in cheek Chris 😝

Values increasing on the nicer ones so my question was irrelevant buddy 👍🏼