Will i need a better battery?

Andy.

Advanced Member
I've just bought some CDT component speakers which i will be amping with a Kicker ZR360, and a JL 10w3v2-D4 10" sub and box which will be amped with an Alpine MRP-350.

Will i need to ugrade my OEM battery?

I've searched and read about the Micra battery upgrade (Halfords HB 054) but i'm unsure as to if it will be sufficient - i can't really find any definitive answers.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

LeeH

Advanced Member
The OEM will be more then enough unless you park up in Macky D's with your boot up a a lot.

Suped

Advanced Member
You might want to invest in a 1.0+ cap to stabilise the current. I ran 2 amps and decided to change the battery to a Stinger SPV35. Terminals are in the correct position and fits nicely into the battery compartment.

jammy84

Advanced Member
cheap and low farad power caps dont do nuthin mate
you need to spend about £75-150 on a decent High farad cap in order to make any difference at all.
i upgraded my battery to a full size honda halfords replacement battery. i had to change the terminals on mine too.

it does the damage, but there is still some light flickering etc which you can expect because im running a very high power system. im going to get a decent cap soon to counter this.

Suped

Advanced Member
A halfraud's battery ain't got nothing on a Stinger battery mate. Worth a check if you have a chance....

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
capacitors are pointless and do nothing, this is well documented on Talk Audio,
As Ed says look at the stinger SPV35, ;)
I had one a few years ago, it is specially made for the rsx so fits perfectly and as an AGM type can take much more abuse than a normal lead acid type.

dont forget when your engine is running it is the alternator that provides the power for your sound system not your battery.
they are twice the price of a battery from Honda but twice as good.
the only negative is you will need to change the battery terminals, i did this and used Cap screws rather than conventional terminals.
http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/produc ... /5208.html

LeeH

Advanced Member
The size of the supply cable is also critical.

But like I said, you are running next to nothing so just get a amp kit to suit and keep the OEM battery.

Andy.

Advanced Member
Thank you all very much for your input :)

The supply cables are already sorted, i have a 4 gauge wiring kit for the Kicker/CDT combo and an 8 gauge kit for the Alpine/JL pairing - these are what i was advised to use by members on the Talk Audio forum.