Wind deflectors - a solution at a reasonable price....

GIBLETS

Advanced Member
Just thought I'd pop this on here as I've noticed people trying to sell aftermarket wind deflectors, albeit at extortionate prices to what they can actually be bought for.

One of mine snapped in half randomly, I've since sold the opposite side on to someone who was lacking one too and read a few posts where other have had issues.

I purchased a set of these and removed the Climair stickers and they look great, more subtle than OEM too which I prefer.

http://www.climairuk.com/Acura-RSX.html

They were delivered next day and fit fine, the only issue I encountered was when putting the windows up as they fit in the aperture, a bit of silicon grease on the seals reduced the amount of friction and I've not had any issues since, they've been fitted 6 months now.

Hope this is of help to someone!

SamDC5

Advanced Member
+1 for Climair, I have them on mine and they fit bang on and they don't fade like OEM.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

GIBLETS

Advanced Member
SamDC5 said:
+1 for Climair, I have them on mine and they fit bang on and they don't fade like OEM.

They're ideal mate, just a shame when you see what is essentially the same product for sale at almost 3x the price that Climair sell them at 😂

SamDC5

Advanced Member
I saw what was basically the same for £150 which is madness really. I guess the 'RSX' fitment puts people off but they really are a proper fit. Highly recommend them, also seen some OEM snap in half on the road?

nails

Advanced Member
Yep had climairs on my last prelude and on my fiesta st, great product. If the oem ones on mine ever fail will get some as no way I am paying silly money for oem ones.

p1tse

Advanced Member
I love my climair smoked ones

I've taken off the decal too and looks clean

Great looks and functional too

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
The only thing that makes the oem fade is lack of protection or maintenance by the owner. Its a porous plastic, UV will kill anything plastic given time...like the older headlights etc.

I've seen a set of these in the flesh, and although they work as they should, they look to "slim" for my liking...I appreciate the OEM ones are now discontinued but you still can't beat the fit and looks of the original. I was lucky enough to buy a new set in 2013, and they still look like new.

Tough decisions for those with OEM ones that turn brittle and snap, pay through the nose for a used set, or get these which certainly are a good alternative, and cheap.... if you can get over the flat look to them.

:)

SamDC5

Advanced Member
No doubt the OEM ones look better, I just found it hard to part with £120+ of my hard earned money on some plastic.

GIBLETS

Advanced Member
I prefer the subtle appearance of the Climair deflectors, thought the OEM's looked a bit daft to be honest!

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
This is climair on my last one.

New car has JDM ones, still unsure which I prefer!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Snowbeard

like the look of these climair, had wind deflectors on my mitsubishi and really miss having them on the DC5.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Snowbeard said:
like the look of these climair, had wind deflectors on my mitsubishi and really miss having them on the DC5.
I would highly recommend them, they fit really well and I think they look better than OEM.

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Only issues is they can slow the windows down due to extra bulge in the window channel . Just load up the whole channel with silicone based lube.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

andy0807

Sorry to jump on an old post.. I’ve just bought these for my dc5 managed to get them to fit all okay but having problems with the window almost tilting to the mirror side and not going up correctly, any suggestions on why this could be happening?
Thanks!