Wind deflectors

DC5Jack

Advanced Member
So my passenger side wind deflector has decided to part company with my teg in the wind today.

Does anybody know where I can get a replacement set or has anybody got a set for sale?

Is anybody running a set of the climair ones? What are they like?

Jack

VtecPaul

Advanced Member
There‘s a passenger side deflector on eBay at the moment - £60 I think. They are £300 new for a pair.
I have climair on mine, and I don‘t overly rate them due to the fact the windows seem to struggle opening and closing when they‘re fitted.

Edit: just seen the one on eBay is for an EP3. Not sure if they are the same..?

Jack01

VtecPaul said:
There‘s a passenger side deflector on eBay at the moment - £60 I think. They are £300 new for a pair.
I have climair on mine, and I don‘t overly rate them due to the fact the windows seem to struggle opening and closing when they‘re fitted.
Have you tried silicone spray in the rubbers mate. looking at getting some climair wind deflecotors for mine as it didn't come with any when I imported my dc5

VtecPaul

Advanced Member
Jack01 said:
Have you tried silicone spray in the rubbers mate. looking at getting some climair wind deflecotors for mine as it didn't come with any when I imported my dc5
Yeah, done that. Have refitted them several times to ensure they are fitted properly, but it‘s still very noticeable as the windows close.
After leaving them refitted again for 24hrs + it‘s a bit better, but I‘d be concerned about the longevity of the window motors and mech tbh.
I‘ll see how they are when the cars back on the road this spring. Maybe they‘ll be ok.

DC5Jack

Advanced Member
VtecPaul said:

Cheers mate. I'll keep my eye out for a second hand pair but I'm not paying £300 for 2 bits of plastic.

I might pick up a set of the climair ones as they're reasonably priced.

I cant believe it was the passenger side one was the one to come off. The drivers side one has been loose and needing some new tape for a while, the passenger one was nice and secure the other day when I washed the car