Window Cleaning

Crackfox

Advanced Member
Morning all,

The new Teg has some weird marks on the back window. It looks a bit like oil slick, but isn't. Something to do with the tint I assume. I've tried cleaning it but it's still there. Anyone seem this, know how to deal with it?

I have a picture, but I'm not smart enough to work out how to upload it.

Matt

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
Is it factory tints??
If it‘s something wrong with the tint then no amount of cleaning will sort it

Crackfox

Advanced Member
Dazaturbo said:
Is it factory tints??
If it‘s something wrong with the tint then no amount of cleaning will sort it
yeah I think they're factory. Looks like water marks in parts, and the rest is like someone has done a half arse job of wiping it and left smears, but they're not. I've given it a full details today and I can shift these window marks. If i work out how to post pics I'l put some up.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Is it definitely on the outside mate? Could try a proper glass cleaner and failing that you could try a glass polish on a Rayon pad. And try to polish it away

Crackfox

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
Is it definitely on the outside mate? Could try a proper glass cleaner and failing that you could try a glass polish on a Rayon pad. And try to polish it away
i dont think it is the outside, but I've cleaned in and out with Megs window cleaner and its not changed at all. I don't know how factory tints work, but it's almost like its between the glass (not that there is a between)

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Crackfox said:
i dont think it is the outside, but I've cleaned in and out with Megs window cleaner and its not changed at all. I don't know how factory tints work, but it's almost like its between the glass (not that there is a between)
I believe the tint definitely manufactured in the glass process (ie deffo something to clear glass).

Maybe let a bodyshop/detailer have a nosey. Not sure they would be much help though. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Crackfox

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
I believe the tint definitely manufactured in the glass process (ie deffo something to clear glass).

Maybe let a bodyshop/detailer have a nosey. Not sure they would be much help though. Good luck

I've messaged one on Facebook and he's said take it down. Hopefully get chance on Friday. It's a shame as it's the only thing that lets the outside down atm. failing that i'll be looking for a good condition boot to replace it.

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
I had the same sort of spots and used Iron X to remove them. Spray some on, After a couple of minutes I used a brush to clean it and after that rinsed with water. And everything was gone. Btw I had it all over my freshly painted car

Crackfox

Advanced Member
I already used a fallout removed when i cleaned it. i took it to a detailer today and he thinks he might be able to use a compound polish and DA to sort it out. Taking it in the morning so I'll keep you posted.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Crackfox said:
I already used a fallout removed when i cleaned it. i took it to a detailer today and he thinks he might be able to use a compound polish and DA to sort it out. Taking it in the morning so I'll keep you posted.
Good stuff. That's definitely the next step. Hope he can sort it you

Crackfox

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
Good stuff. That's definitely the next step. Hope he can sort it you
Came out pretty good. Jiust makes the rest look dirty now

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Crackfox

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
Let him do the full car now :)
I probably will when I get everything else done. Especially the wheel refurb.im pretty decent at detailing it, but it would be nice to get the clear coat levelled out.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Crackfox said:
I probably will when I get everything else done. Especially the wheel refurb.im pretty decent at detailing it, but it would be nice to get the clear coat levelled out.

Yeah. Sounds a nice little plan. Obviously 15 year old white paint sees quite the improvement with a machine polish! They actually become white again Haha.