Windows Movie Maker

Duncs

why can't i import from my JVC digital vid camers to Windows MM,
it says 'an interface(my camera i guess) has too many methods to fire events from'

i am trying to get it in via a usb, its a new computer reasonable spec pentium 4.

i have been into the menu in the camera and cannot find to specify an 'output' method.
have imported using pixela image maker thing via usb.

help!!

Duncs

no joy,

think it is to do with the use of the USB that it cannnot cope with the info stream, will carry on using other software or get a dv/avi cable to connect

Wootty

Advanced Member
If your running Windows XP make sure you have Service pack 2 on as it might be a USB 1.0 vs USB2.0 issue. SP2 fixed some USB issues too?

iDrew

Advanced Member
Duncs

I have found with my Panasonic DV camera, USB is not fast enough to transfer the data. Usb can only be used to transfer photos from the camera, for video I have to use Firewire - yours may be similar :? :wink:

Crisis

Advanced Member
Firewire is the 'only' real way to get video from a camera at a good data rate ie. real time.

Personally I hate WMM. I use Adobe Premire Pro 1.5. I have a JVC camera.

jonster

Advanced Member
Hi Duncs,

Give up with MS Movie Maker. Even when you managed to import your footage I bet it will crash on you several times before you managed to do anything with it. I've just gone through the learning curve with video editing s/w and by far the best and easiest to use is Pinnacle Studio. People sell copies quite cheap from eBay. You can download a trial version for 30 days to see how you get on first. I went for version 9 because people say v10 is a bit too new and needs a few patches to make it stable.

Cheers,

Jon

Suped

Advanced Member
agreed with the others. For vids use firewire and Adobe Premier Pro (abit expensive but the options and editting tools are awesome!).

iDrew

Advanced Member
jonster said:
I've just gone through the learning curve with video editing s/w and by far the best and easiest to use is Pinnacle Studio. People sell copies quite cheap from eBay. You can download a trial version for 30 days to see how you get on first. I went for version 9 because people say v10 is a bit too new and needs a few patches to make it stable.
Snap :wink:

v9 of Pinnacle works, 10 is too unstable :wink: