Windscreen glass?

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
So a lovely lorry has just f**ked my windscreen,

Wheres the best place to buy one If possible?

Thanks in advance!

BAD3GG

Advanced Member
If you want to buy one outright go through Honda, but you may as well just claim on your insurance for a glass claim, although that brings its own challenges as I found out.

Sent from my TA-1033 using Tapatalk

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
BAD3GG said:
If you want to buy one outright go through Honda, but you may as well just claim on your insurance for a glass claim, although that brings its own challenges as I found out.

Ok thanks bud, you willing to share the problems you had so I'm prepared? Lol

Mebz

Advanced Member
I'm just getting my windscreen replaced.

It's about £330.00 for screen and then another 150 for fitting. That's through Honda.

I spoke to insurance, they were happy to pay for it and I got it through auto glass.

I specifically told them it's a dc5, first time around they brought the wrong one, second time around, the side clips broke because they were glued in last time it was ever done.

Autoglass have ordered new clips from Honda but they are due to arrive end of October.

A fee issues but Autoglass have so far been spot on with their customer service.

BAD3GG

Advanced Member
Yeah sure haha, first off make sure that they know it's a DC5 and not a DC2, I didn't have this problem fortunately, but there's members on here that have had the fitter turn up twice or three times with dc2 screens before finally arriving with the correct equipment weeks down the line.

To get the screen out the fitter will need to take the side trims off, which are clipped into the pillars. These clips always break no matter how careful the fitter is, so you'll need to ask for these to be replaced at the same time. My problem here, was both of the windscreen replacement companies that my insurer had authorised to do the work couldn't get the trims for 12 weeks (even though I could get them from Honda within the week) I didn't have the time or money, to my annoyance at the time to take either option so under advice from other forum users I got the fitter to mastic them in and to be fair they haven't moved since.

The part numbers for OEM parts and the part numbers for whatever autoglass use on their system are on here somewhere, I can probably dig them out for you if you want.

Cennix1

Mine had it replaced just before I bought it because of a stone chip from a lorry. The previous owner just let TGM take care of it,

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
Hey guys thanks for the responses!

I have 'claimed' through my insurer and they have guaranteed no effect to my no claims bonus,

The claim is through auto glass who have insured me they are aware it is a dc5 2003 Honda integera r, so hopefully none of that wrong screen stuff, although I am not holding my breath!

Cost me 95 quid, not the worst price just sucks that the lorry got me but such is life!

Thanks for the heads up on the clips, I will contact autoglass and make them aware that this is the case!

Sort of happy its being replaced as I could never get it as clean as I wanted 😂

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi.

Ive had these details for several years so they may have changed. I don't even remember where I got them but I thought it best to have them in case of an emergency.

Autoglass. Screen. 3995 AGN

Seal. 3995 ASMC.

L Trim. 3995 ASMC L.

R Trim. 3995 ASMC R.

Regards.

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
Granty1056 said:
Hi.

Ive had these details for several years so they may have changed. I don't even remember where I got them but I thought it best to have them in case of an emergency.

Autoglass. Screen. 3995 AGN

Seal. 3995 ASMC.

L Trim. 3995 ASMC L.

R Trim. 3995 ASMC R.

Regards.
Thanks bud! I will quote these to autoglass tomorrow and see if they can make sense of them!👍

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
What a suprise, they have brought the wrong screen! Weirdly enough though, it is the same as the part numbers aboove and almost looks correct, but like a left hand drive version, which is weird, maybe it's for an rsx?

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi all.

Strange one this. I would have thought that by now Autoglass and the rest would have had it worked out by now. Is there anyone out there that can update the part numbers.

It must be hell of an inconvenience for anyone who relies on their car for daily use.

Regards.

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
I do rely on my car for daily use, and they once again bought the incorrect glass, part numbers are correct apparently however they had them labelled up incorrectly, I have only just received another call and they will be here for a third time on Saturday, lets see if they get it right this time.😡

Granty1056

Advanced Member
DC5Noob said:
I do rely on my car for daily use, and they once again bought the incorrect glass, part numbers are correct apparently however they had them labelled up incorrectly, I have only just received another call and they will be here for a third time on Saturday, lets see if they get it right this time.
HI.

I love my DC 5 when its running OK.

Regards.

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
I had the rear window smashed on my first dc5 while I was on a training course for work it was mid September a few years back
I phoned my insurance and this was pretty much the conversation

Me- hi my rear window has been smashed I have no garage to put my car in and it‘s winter
Ins- no problem we can sort that out for you I‘ll call you back in 10 minutes with some more info

10 mins later
Ring ring
Me -hi
Ins- hello sir we‘ve ordered you a screen it will be here January 21st
Me- 😂😂😂😂😂this must be a joke
Ins- no sir the screen has to come from Japan
Me-😳

I ended up buying a complete bootlid for the car and swapping it over and was a real pita 😂😂

Good luck sorting yours out buddy 👍🏻

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
Haha oh dear! Bit of a horror story there!

Thanks man. My guess for this time is as follows,

Hi I'm here to replace your glass.

Great have you got the correct screen.

Yes we have this time I will crack on.

.......20 mins later,

So the clips have broken when I took it out and I will have to come back next week and fit them.

Shiiiit.

Lol

sabberjoch

Advanced Member
Same thing happened to me two years ago, They taped the old side moldings back on, one of them flew off at 120mph.... Now i have a crack in my windscreen again, so i hope all the information is still in their system. Otherwise i'll be getting a dc2 window first, then a rsx window and it will take them another 3 months.

Modmedia

Advanced Member
Just to add to this really old thread...

Auto glass turned out today, despite me quoting all the content of this to them; with what looks to be an RSX screen. Unbelievable. Have to order a new one from Japan. Great!

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Just to add to this really old thread...

Auto glass turned out today, despite me quoting all the content of this to them; with what looks to be an RSX screen. Unbelievable. Have to order a new one from Japan. Great!
I am shocked by this, mine came first time correctly, the only issue I had and was worried about was they only replace the screen and not the trims and I was worried, but luckily the guy did it all error free in one

I don't get how they have and keep seeming to get it wrong so much in other areas?

Modmedia

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
I am shocked by this, mine came first time correctly, the only issue I had and was worried about was they only replace the screen and not the trims and I was worried, but luckily the guy did it all error free in one

I don't get how they have and keep seeming to get it wrong so much in other areas?
Really is annoying mate to be fair; had plans to get other stuff sorted and really made sure when calling that the screen they would order would be correct and they said it would be. Another wasted month coming up.