Wing mirrors holding water?

nails

Advanced Member
So, every time I wash the teg, I then stick it in the garage, it might not get driven for a few days or even a week after this, but however long it is left, as soon as I go for a drive water seems to appear from the wing mirrors and go down the sides of the car as I am driving along, and not just a bit, but enough to be annoying. I thoroughly dry the car after washing it and can't work out where all this water is being stored.

Does anyone else have the same problem?

The only thing is, I do have honda access aquaclean wing mirror glass but from what I have read that shouldn't be an issue, these - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-ACCESS-FIT-GE6-GE7-GE8-GE9-AQUA-CLEAN-DOOR-MIRROR-LENS-SET-08V11-TF0-000-/190794507801

am03ery

I have this problem on my Civic ek, what I usually do it fold and unfold the mirrors and the remaining water drips down!

I know how annoying it is dude, hate seeing water marks over the doors lol

Let us know if it works on the DC5!

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
I had this problem as well ;)

I just took it for a drive after washing and kept a microfiber towel in the car. After a short drive I stopped in a petrol station and wiped down the sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SamDC5

Advanced Member
This happens to me but only on the passenger side, it's so annoying haha.

Chewy

Advanced Member
There's a channel in the mirror base where the water gets caught and builds up then slowly seeps out.

Next time I'm in the garage I'll take the stock mirrors to bits and take a picture for you all, Basically if this 'channel' is filled with silicone or something of the likes, no more phantom runs/drips. :)

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Checkout the 'phantom drip' thread. This has been discussed many a time before! 😂

nails

Advanced Member
Thanks everyone, seems like a common issue then! I always keep a microfibre cloth in the boot but it's just a bit of a pain haha

kyle'87

Advanced Member
To stop this you need to pull back the rubber just behind the mirror, when you do you'll see it all pour out. Leave this pulled back for 5 minutes so it all drains out. Once done just pull it back over.

I'll take a picture to explain better.

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
I just fold a cloth after washing and shove it in the gap a little, leave it for a couple minutes and it soaks up all the water! Easy!

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Blow / suck it out.... stand infront of the mirror looking to the back, and blow in the gaps / underneath. Sharp swift puff and most comes out, or failing that, i have a 25ltr pump water sprayer i use at shows...empty of water and pumped up its like a mini compressor so just blow the water out that way. :)

Also a wet vac works well ;)

Leaving it in the sun after the above works a treat too.

kyle'87

Advanced Member
nails said:
ah ok, cheers Kyle :xhappy:
The first time you do it, you'll get a load of crap run down the side of the car. The water collects in the channel you reveal by pulling back the rubber. I found once I had cleaned this out the amount of water that collected there was a lot less and now I simply have to pull it back, use an damp microfiber cloth to absorb any water and that's it.

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
Drives me effin insane when cleaning the car. The water is well ard round these parts so its a pig to clean.

Thanks for the info, will get in there and give them a good cleaning in the hope they drain quicker. Amazing how much water they can hold and release annoyingly slowly over time.

LC5

if your mirrors are manual keep them on a slight close so it drips out, other than that get the corner of a micro fibre down the crack and sit it on the mirror whilst you do the rest of the car to absorb it up…If you are using good product I wouldn't worry too much

nails

Advanced Member
kyle'87 said:
The first time you do it, you'll get a load of crap run down the side of the car. The water collects in the channel you reveal by pulling back the rubber. I found once I had cleaned this out the amount of water that collected there was a lot less and now I simply have to pull it back, use an damp microfiber cloth to absorb any water and that's it.
I did what you suggested when I washed the car on thursday, and no more drips while driving now, thanks 👍