Wiper Arms - Repainting

ian85

Hi guys, looking for some advise (again)

My windscreen wiper arms are looking very tired, and are letting the front of the car down slightly.

I‘d rather not buy new, and I want to have a go at doing it myself...my only problem is I‘ve never done anything like this before!

I‘m guessing it‘s a case of rubbing them down, primer and paint. I was just wondering if anyone could suggest some products to me!

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ian85

Thanks guys. That helps a lot!

They are looking good Dave. Yeah all the little things build up to make a big difference.

Did you do yours like the guys have suggested above?

dave7368

Advanced Member
ian85 said:
Thanks guys. That helps a lot!

They are looking good Dave. Yeah all the little things build up to make a big difference.

Did you do yours like the guys have suggested above?

Thanks,

Pretty much as Jimmer said, didn't bother with lacquer though, see how it holds up...

Teggs

Nice Work Dave, I've got mine on the 'to do' job list, seems like quite an easy win, will probably go with the laquer..

Teggs

Embarrasing question.. I took the holding nut off, is that all I need to do to get the wiper arms off? Seemed to be still pretty well much attached, can I just rive it off, probably like most of the parts on this car, just needs gentle persuasion from a lump hammer! Could not see anything about this in the workshop manual.

dave7368

Advanced Member
once the nut is off just give it a jiggle it should break free of the splined shaft.

ian85

Teggs said:
Embarrasing question.. I took the holding nut off, is that all I need to do to get the wiper arms off? Seemed to be still pretty well much attached, can I just rive it off, probably like most of the parts on this car, just needs gentle persuasion from a lump hammer! Could not see anything about this in the workshop manual.
Yeah just a bit of force after the nut bud. Maybe just a bit of WD40 soaked in. Mine were quite tight too.