Wiper jets not working

Stevieh62000

Hi all,
I've only recently bought a Dc5, I neglected to check the wiper jets on inspection and after getting home realised they don't work.
So far I've checked all the fuses below the steering wheel and under the bonnet which are all good. I've also ran power to the motor and it works fine.
When a pull the lever to activate them the wipers start which indicates that the switch in the stalk in working..
I could do with a wiring diagram really so I can see exactly how it's all connected.
Can anyone offer any advise or wiring diagram?
Thanks

ChesterJSY

It sounds like your washer motor is working ok if you have tested it. There are two washer pump motors in the bottle, front /rear so check both !
If the washer pump motor is working but you have no water coming through, the easiest way to check if water is flowing to the pipe is to disconnect the pipe from the washer nozzle on the bonnet and if water comes out when you pull the washer on the wiper stalk, the issue could be with the washer nozzle. You could clean these by poking a thin bit of metal like a safety pin down the nozzle head to try and clean any blockage. They aren’t that expensive and if you need to change the nozzle I would go with Honda jazz ones as the have a better spray than the original DC5 ones. If the water doesn’t come out then it is worth disconnecting the pipe further away from the nozzle and repeat test. If this fails and no water comes out, the pump may have given up the ghost, it may make a noise still but has no power in the pump to push the water through and it would need to be replaced. I changed both of mine (genuine Honda part) as I gathered that if one went I’d change them both ! Not to bad a job to change them once you move the the wheel arch liner to get to them. Hope it helps with diagnosis !

Stevieh62000

Thanks for the advise.
When I tested the motors the water flowed through to the jets no problem.
One set of wires were cut leaving only one motor connected. My next step is to check the voltage going to the cut wires..