Wireless?...

Allen

Advanced Member
Need to buy a wireless router for my laptop, already have AOL on pc with broadband, and can connect laptop to phone.
No idea wot im lookin for or wot to pay? any ideas?
TA!

dotty

Advanced Member
Get rid of AOhell for a start!! :eek:

I am with BT and they gave me a wireless home uib and internet phone. Never had any problems with it and it is cheaper than AOL (I get an 8mb dl speed) 8)

davet87

dotty said:

I am with BT and they gave me a wireless home uib and internet phone. Never had any problems with it and it is cheaper than AOL (I get an 8mb dl speed) 8)
very true, but bt are only cheaper for the first couple of months, then its a fortune lol. ive had very little problems with aol, apart from trying to speak to someone who can understand english from a british customer lol

dotty

Advanced Member
davet87 said:
dotty said:

very true, but bt are only cheaper for the first couple of months, then its a fortune lol. ive had very little problems with aol, apart from trying to speak to someone who can understand english from a british customer lol
I had AOL for a year or so connected via a USB ADSL, It sucked the big one!

I couldnt wait to change.

Allen

Advanced Member
Got router and doin my HEAD IN! works connected to comp but not wireless, treid speakin to AOL and cant understand wot hajiunji parjjjjuiujjjop is sayin, maybe new internet provider is due?...

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
did you get the netgear dg834g router?

I have one too, there is a setting that needs to be changed before it works properly with aol.
im away at the mo but will check what it was when i return

Allen

Advanced Member
No i didint in the end, moving house soon so taken old router back and gonna start with new provider once moved in. who do you all use? anygood?