Woolz car stolen :(

Gary

Advanced Member
That's good to hear Woolz :D
dya think you'll be able to get your head round the fact that it was stolen so that you can still feel the same way about your pride and joy before all this shit happened :?:

woolz

Advanced Member
done a couple of thousand miles :cry: ! and i will probably pass the car on i think... i cudnt keep it. would you??

Gary

Advanced Member
woolz said:
done a couple of thousand miles :cry: ! and i will probably pass the car on i think... i cudnt keep it. would you??
I didn't want to come right out and say it in case it wasn't an issue for you and I would just be making it one, but I'm sorry to say that I know I absolutely could not keep it!
If it was just a firm's motor or a Mondeo or somethin then maybe it wouldn't be such a problem but one of the most enjoyable aspects of ownin the DC5 is the pride that comes with the amount of deserved attention it receives, and I just think that the thought of those f**kin scumbags messin with it would take that away!
People have even sold their houses after bein burgled for that very reason which is why people are campaigning to have such crimes re-classified as a crime against the person rather than the property with the associated stiffer sentences!
That's what makes these lowlifes what they are cos it is a shit thing to do to anyone cos in the end of the day we're all insured so it's not about the money!
So anyway Woolz I don't want you thinkin I'm tryin to persuade you to sell your car but you also shouldn't be afraid to cut your losses - well whatever you decide, good luck bro :!:

gregb

Advanced Member
SCOTTIECTR said:
I have to agree, if mine went walkies I'd hope I never got it back :|
mods back but the car no thanks,i was toying with the idea of a tracker instead of the clifford but it was that fact of preventing it going,than finding it later that won me over.

smithy

so when you going to get it back?

who will do the neccesery work on vin plates etc.

if so how much do you want for it as i wanted to buy this before it went missing.

woolz

Advanced Member
getting it back soon!! its in still at in the police lockup at the mo! yes i will be selling it when i get it back. smithy offer me a price......

smithy

before i offer a price let me know whats exactly happened and the damage when you get it back.

or

you could tell me what you want for it and the details so far?

DAN1981

Great ending :D
well almost... i would definelty shot the car, who knows what the feck those w4nkers did with it or in it when they had it?!

By the way, did you not consider having tracker fitted? When I went to get some insurance quotes for a DC5 some insurance companies insisted on a tracker

Tarmac

Advanced Member
good result. it's absolutely amazing that you found it and even moreso under the circumstances!! delighted for you - lets hope those examples of human trash get put away for a very long time...

kingston

Advanced Member
DAN1981 said:
who knows what the feck those w4nkers did with it or in it when they had it?!
tbh, it would be no different buying a second hand car straight from Japan though or anywhere really

b12oon

Advanced Member
lets be honest,the justice system here stinks, 6 months from now they will be out and ready to go again so watch out guys. they need a taste of their own medicine, i hate thievs,especialy 1s like them. a stiff kicking would do for them scum bags. every 1 should pay their way. i hope this wont put you off dc5s, i think i would sell my car on and the next car i buy would be like fort knox

jonnyr

b12oon said:
lets be honest,the justice system here stinks, 6 months from now they will be out and ready to go again so watch out guys. they need a taste of their own medicine, i hate thievs,especialy 1s like them. a stiff kicking would do for them scum bags
Agreed... Best of luck with whatever you decide Wools :wink:

Gary

Advanced Member
kingston said:
DAN1981 said:
who knows what the feck those w4nkers did with it or in it when they had it?!
tbh, it would be no different buying a second hand car straight from Japan though or anywhere really
:?: :?

kingston

Advanced Member
well do you know what the owner out in Japan before you brought it? if they ragged it around, would you know the condition of the internals as not everyone gives it the 10 minute warm up period before going past 6k.

Hence why buying off of someone a '2nd' hand car is fruaght with dangers, unless you buy new which a few have done on ehre

b12oon

Advanced Member
true but once your much polished and loved car has been taken from you, used and abused and the ID
of the car changed, you would find it hard to just act as if it was never gone. if the police hadnt done a raid on the dicks that took it then he may of never saw it again.

Gary

Advanced Member
kingston said:
well do you know what the owner out in Japan before you brought it? if they ragged it around, would you know the condition of the internals as not everyone gives it the 10 minute warm up period before going past 6k.

Hence why buying off of someone a '2nd' hand car is fruaght with dangers, unless you buy new which a few have done on ehre
Of course you don't know the exact state of the internals when buyin s/h but there are plenty of ways to tell what sort of person has owned it by it's general condition as it's hard to keep a car in good nick over a given period if you don't give a sh*t about it and therfore it's highly unlikely not to mention unlucky that you would buy an immaculate car that was actually seriously abused over any length of time especially by the legal owner!
If you buy a stolen car which has been driven over a short period of time by scumbags who by their very nature don't give a toss about anything nevermind somethin they've robbed not only will the car never actually belong to you but it's odds on to have been abused in the short time they've had it :!:

kingston

Advanced Member
but occassionally not, some guy got his ctr back (on the CTR forum) in better condition than he ever kept it