Work Emotion CR Kai will they fit

frampo

Advanced Member
i've found some Work Emotion CR Kai and am wondering if they will fit, they are:

17x8 ET47
17x9 ET44

i was looking at running the 17x9 at the front if possible.

frampo

Advanced Member
i've already been through that topic and alot on honda-tech but from what i read it appears the type R is wider than the RSX, there are alot of people on there running lower offsets and there cars dont appear to have had any work done. just wondered if anyone on here knows if they will fit.

Stoo

Whining.....
frampo said:
i've already been through that topic and alot on honda-tech but from what i read it appears the type R is wider than the RSX, there are alot of people on there running lower offsets and there cars dont appear to have had any work done. just wondered if anyone on here knows if they will fit.
The offset is different on the type r to the rsx

I'll have a look at it later but I do t think it'll fit.

blueguy

Resident J's whore
A lot of the jap tuners run those sort of setups (usually with a slightly narrower front wheel but also a lower offset) but alas I haven't got the foggiest whether they have rolled their arches at the front. I think TGM run 9 inch wide wheels (with a standard-ish body) so would advise giving Tom a call and see what he says.

donkeykong

Advanced Member
frampo said:
i've found some Work Emotion CR Kai and am wondering if they will fit, they are:

17x8 ET47
17x9 ET44

et value is possible, but the width is maybe a problem. i assume the 9 inch go on the front yes??? it means the wheels are 2 inches wider so that's quite a lot. it also depends on how low ur ride is. i had 7,5 inch wide with 215-45-17 et45 and on the back it rubbed, but my car is lowered 2 inches in the back. i had to roll the rear arches and that's cause of the et value, et 60 is standard.

frampo

Advanced Member
donkeykong said:
frampo said:

17x8 ET47
17x9 ET44

et value is possible, but the width is maybe a problem. i assume the 9 inch go on the front yes??? it means the wheels are 2 inches wider so that's quite a lot. it also depends on how low ur ride is. i had 7,5 inch wide with 215-45-17 et45 and on the back it rubbed, but my car is lowered 2 inches in the back. i had to roll the rear arches and that's cause of the et value, et 60 is standard.
i will probably be lowing the car on eibach sportline springs which say up to 50mm on the front and 30mm on the back. i would run the 9inch wheels on the front as its where the traction is needed. i dont mind having a little bit of camber, but my civic got through tyres every 6 months or so due to its height:

donkeykong

Advanced Member
yes dude, i have the eibach sportilines too!! in the rear they rub...i got my arches rolled, so i can guarantee that u will have to do that too...front dont have any problems, but i have 7,5 wide.

rear i have -1 camber and front too!

ab20000

Advanced Member
The DC5 from what I've been told is 15mm wider each side so your 47mm offset is effectively an rsx running 32mm offset, may have been done but will be close to limit even with rolled arches, can't see it working if not rolled or even pulled a little.

Fizz

Thread resurection apologies but just thought id add that the DC5 i am due to pick up has a set of these on. I believe they are a 17" but are deffo CR Kai rims.

blueguy

Resident J's whore
Thread resurection apologies but just thought id add that the DC5 i am due to pick up has a set of these on. I believe they are a 17" but are deffo CR Kai rims.
No offence fella, but that information isn't really of any use to anyone. The offset and width will determine if a 17" wheel will fit (ignoring spoke design/caliper clearance in this instance) like what Rob R has posted up.
You should post up those numbers for your wheels once you know xthumbup

Fizz

No offence taken. I should have wrote thatechen I pick the car up tomorrow I will post up the info. Just excited by the fact I'm finally getting a DC5 and it has these rims on. ;)