You scratch my back, I ....

RonnDing

Okay,

so everyone on this forum, that i have spoken to have been extremely helpful so i was thinking how can i give back. I'm a maritime engineer so unless any of you own a ship or have heavy industrial machinery i cant really help you out there. So i turned to my hobby. For the last 12 years I've been building computers and helping others build them. Mostly for friends but i also have sold a few over the years. So my long winded points is....

If any of you guys need help with either a simple computer question or you want advice on a full on water cooled build i will be happy to help you out. I also have a load of spare computers and parts so i might even be able to sell you some stuff on the cheap or even put a computer together for you.

I only do this as a hobby so my goal is not to make any money from this. I just wanted to give something back to you guys. Feel free to ask me anything.

Cheers
RonnDing :xvtec:

RonnDing

Yeah water cooling! Most of my computers have some sort of watercooling. From just the cpu being cooled by an all in one water cooler. To a full blown water cooling setup were every component is water cooled. Dual radiators, dual loops, dual pumps, massive reservoirs, all the bells and whistles. If you want to see just how far you can take water cooling you should check out this guys youtube page. His videos are a bit dull and slow but the computer builds are amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqChlb8y4cQ0jAFaNFPQLqA

DC5RS

DC5
Cheers mate, I am also a pc hardware hobbyist. Working as an IT in a university so I am glad to help as well

beppe786

Beppe
i can help anyone too.. i have my own computer shop... we do custom gaming pc's and component level laptop repair.../ reason why part of me going in to car tuning..

i can help out fellow dc5 owners www.micro-tek.co.uk

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
I used to work with the planning systems with the Apache helicopter can I join in too? ;)

Good to see some more community spirit buddy

Gordon

RonnDing

Good to see so many people are into computers. Now all we need is someone to help!! xrofl

Rom

Advanced Member
We dont need any help, were all into them !

Ive had a few decent rigs over the years. Toned it down now these days though, dont really game that much anymore.

Gone are the days of takign a brand new £200+ Lian Li case....and cutting it up to mount rads haha.

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
I tried to reinvigorate my passion a whole back with a raspberry pi (initial release model) but lost interest lol

Shame really, closest I've come is figuring out how to run a windows tablet in my car to enable ECU monitoring and love road mapping ;)

Gordon

DC5RS

DC5
Teegwa said:
I tried to reinvigorate my passion a whole back with a raspberry pi (initial release model) but lost interest lol

Shame really, closest I've come is figuring out how to run a windows tablet in my car to enable ECU monitoring and love road mapping ;)

Gordon
same happened to me with the pi, sometimes i wish i have some time for starting messing with it again, but cisco certificate is killing my time :s

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
DC5RS said:
same happened to me with the pi, sometimes i wish i have some time for starting messing with it again, but cisco certificate is killing my time :s
I started doing MCSA but stopped em I moved into business analysis. I'd love to kick start it again I enjoy tinkering ;)

Gordon

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
I`ve got a fish and chip shop......if anyone fancies fish n chips while helping other computer owners ,give me a shout :xgrin: xredfinger

RonnDing

Rom said:
We dont need any help, were all into them !

Ive had a few decent rigs over the years. Toned it down now these days though, dont really game that much anymore.

Gone are the days of takign a brand new £200+ Lian Li case....and cutting it up to mount rads haha
I posted because i'm sure not everyone is as competent with computers as yourself.
Just wanted to let people know help is here if they require it.

PS. Would love a fish & chip about now :)

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
RonnDing said:
I posted because i'm sure not everyone is as competent with computers as yourself.

Just the one solitary chip? 😁

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Rom

Advanced Member
RonnDing said:

Sorry, that probably came across wrong!

I just meant it looked like the people replying had been into pcs, and had some nice builds. Didnt mean to sound like your wasting your time or anything mate.
Its a very good idea, and nice of you too.

I fell asleep half hour after that post...slouched over the laptop haha. I was a tired boy.

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
I used to love my home built PC! Was a great gamer, but I couldn't stand coming home to having an issue with it after fixing the feckers all day.

So I sold it :(

Currently got a HP DL380 G5 sat in my garage running VMware and several VMs... thats fun to tinker with :D

Linus27

Advanced Member
Big gamer here and have built a few rigs in my time but so out of the loop now. I only play racing sims though.

So I can't help with building computers, cooking fish and chip but if anyone wants to know how to play bass guitar, I have been playing for 25 years including profesionally.

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
Not sure how i did not notice this post, but i also work in IT so am always happy to offer advice :)