Your Best/favourite mod?

Fez

Advanced Member
Had a quick search but couldn't find a thread like this, but What would you say was your favourite mod/improvements that you have done to the dc5, or previous cars that made the biggest difference?

For me on my old ek civic (built h22a7) i'd say my best mods were 3 point front brace, wing braces, stiffer engine mounts, 3" exhaust, ferodo ds2500's, lowered seat rail, bigger ARB's, decent alignment, lower temp thermostat, alloy rad, and short shifter.... Most of which i have already done/bought for the DC5. Looking at that list, only one of them is a power mod lol.

What would you recommend as a 'must have' mod for the DC5?

Fez

Advanced Member
DC5RS said:
5.1 final drive
I put an FD on my civic after everyone raving about them, went from 4.266 to 4.64, didnt notice any difference apart from higher revs when on motorway lol

DC5RS

DC5
Fez said:
I put an FD on my civic after everyone raving about them, went from 4.266 to 4.64, didnt notice any difference apart from higher revs when on motorway lol
Acceleration and response should be noticeable.

Fez

Advanced Member
DC5RS said:
Acceleration and response should be noticeable.
Nope nothing lol. My mate also swapped a 5.1 into his kswap teg, and didn't notice it till he was on m4 lol but said the same, hadn't made it any quicker.

DC5RS

DC5
Fez said:
Nope nothing lol. My mate also swapped a 5.1 into his kswap teg, and didn't notice it till he was on m4 lol but said the same, hadn't made it any quicker.
Oh well might be my idea then :)

torque damper was very noticeable in gear changes

2ndy

Advanced Member
Kpro! Or for a cheap mod it's got to be tegiwa short shift and hybrid shifter bushings

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Brand new 1st and 2nd gear, hub assembly, synchros and any bearings, full strip, clean and rebuild with a new clutch. Two years on, nothing but sweet gear changes. Very expensive as it was all new OEM but very much well worth the money. :xgrin: fitting M&M Honda gearbox bushes and a tegiwa short shift have also made it that little bit better.

Then next would have to be the Spoon springs and a decent setup.... heaven in the twisty bits.

But my new probable favourite will hopefully be early next year, Feb time. (and its not a Kpro). xthumbup

dave7368

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
Brand new 1st and 2nd gear, hub assembly, synchros and any bearings, full strip, clean and rebuild with a new clutch. Two years on, nothing but sweet gear changes. Very expensive as it was all new OEM but very much well worth the money.
Haha... that's called a repair Jimmer, not a mod. ;)

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Yeah ok, although...i like to think of it as more of a refresh rather than repair as such. Hehe

Just the clutch was the main issue, most of it didn't need doing but as TGM were taking most of my months wages at the time anyway I thought replace the lot and chucked more cash at them. :p preventative maintenance haha but yeah technically not a mod.

But still probably far more effective than any other "mods" ;) .....just maintaining what you have will make a far bigger difference.