Meister R- Camber question

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Hi Guys,

To those who are running Meister r coilovers have you had any issues getting more than 2deg negative camber out of them (inc camber bolts)?

I've read on someone's build thread a while back they had to modify the damper to get 2.5-3deg negative camber?

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Reggie91 said:
Hi Guys,

To those who are running Meister r coilovers have you had any issues getting more than 2deg negative camber out of them (inc camber bolts)?

I've read on someone's build thread a while back they had to modify the damper to get 2.5-3deg negative camber?
I reckon that will have been that they swapped the top mounts over to increase camber and castor available. They may not have had the Eibach or equivalent front camber bolts.

Not sure but that's that I reckon anyway. Sure some suspension guru will appear shortly to help

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Yeah im hoping someone can shed some light on it before I buy some. I'm planning on going for a aggressive fitment so need to be able to achieve the negative camber mentioned above

mike.williams

Advanced Member
swapping the tops over is worth it just for the castor gain, then a camber bolt in the hub should see about -2.2 if i remember correctly.

dan young slotted the top hole on his lower bracket
to gain more camber. its the only way

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Ahh is that dan34 on the forum? I think it might have been his thread I was reading.

Okay maybe Meister R's aren't the best way to go for the set up I want. Might have to go for the Area Motorsport yellowspeeds as they have adjustable top mounts.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Reggie91 said:
Ahh is that dan34 on the forum? I think it might have been his thread I was reading.

Okay maybe Meister R's aren't the best way to go for the set up I want. Might have to go for the Area Motorsport yellowspeeds as they have adjustable top mounts.
The Meisters also have the adjustable camber plates man

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Oh really? Then I should be able to get the desired level of camber? -2.2deg at the hub/camber bolt and then the rest at the top mount?

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Reggie91 said:
Oh really? Then I should be able to get the desired level of camber? -2.2deg at the hub/camber bolt and then the rest at the top mount?
Not too sure tbh mate. Hopefully haha!

maxvr6

Advanced Member
You're gonna need adjustable or shortened steering arms to make use of it or you'll run out of thread to adjust the toe, probably easier, cheaper and less risk of bump steering like a pig by slotting the lower brackets on the coils, Buddy Clubs already have this. I suppose there is also the option of doubling up on camber bolts although im not sure how much more that will gain.

Liam

Advanced Member
When I enquired about them, I was told the latest Zeta CRD models have a slightly slotted top hole in the bottom bracket anyway. As well as the camber adjustable top mounts, so camber bolts might not be needed. You will need shortened steering arms though.

spooke

Advanced Member
I have the top mounts swapped over and I'm easily at -2.00' camber, with the hub side maybe halfway, I'm confident you'll get at least -2.30' camber without bolts but as above you'll 100% need adjustable tie rods.

Fez

Advanced Member
Reggie91 said:

I looked at the area modded YS's and they just swap the normal YS top mounts over, but they do sell their own top mounts which are about £300 iirc, which gain more castor and camber.

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Fez said:
I looked at the area modded YS's and they just swap the normal YS top mounts over, but they do sell their own top mounts which are about £300 iirc, which gain more castor and camber.
I was under the impression they include the upgraded top mounts and upgraded rear Spring? What coilovers did you decide on in the end fez?

spooke

Advanced Member
Fez said:
That's interesting, so they claim +2.5/3 degrees of caster from it. I'm going to get mine aligned again soon and will have the caster measured too.

Reggie91 said:
I was under the impression they include the upgraded top mounts and upgraded rear Spring? What coilovers did you decide on in the end fez?
I thought so too but now looking at the prices I don't think so. You could get the same setup for far less elsewhere.

Fez went for BC Racing RM.

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Agreed Spooke, Its not worth the mark up on the standard Yellowspeeds if all they had done was swap the top mounts and added a 16kg rear spring.

Reggie91

Advanced Member
As I plan on running some 17x9 with 245's so will need around 2.5 to 3deg negative camber to get them to work.

Tom at TGM has tried persuading me otherwise that I should stick to a 225/45 set up, but the wider set up should shine on track and looks bad ass lol.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Sorry mate but why would it shine on track? It's a common misconception that wider tyres is better on track. It is not that simple. As for looks, well, that's personal taste so can't comment on that.