Meister R- Camber question

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Hahahah Chris... Area Motorsport offers an 18months warranty on their YSR coilovers

Spooke- I'm guessing they would be the same if I swapped the top mounts and replaced the rear spring.

(I would quote your posts guys, but it doesn't seem to work on my laptop :xhuh:)

spooke

Advanced Member
Indi said:
At the same ride height Meister R coilovers only give -2.5 camber where as Area YSR coilovers give -4.2 max :)
That's interesting, didn't think there would be such a difference. Were they the CRD+ or older Zeta-R. I'm getting mine realigned on the 18th of Feb so will be able to find out the max if they weren't.

Reggie91 said:
Hahahah Chris... Area Motorsport offers an 18months warranty on their YSR coilovers

Spooke- I'm guessing they would be the same if I swapped the top mounts and replaced the rear spring.

(I would quote your posts guys, but it doesn't seem to work on my laptop :xhuh:)
Hmm it seems the Yellow Speeds have more of an elongated hole in them and maybe more adjustment on the top mount but I think there's a limitation in the strut tower size anyway.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
So do Area take them back in and give you a new set, fix them themselves, or back to manufacturer? What about outside of the 18 months?

Reggie91

Advanced Member
They say Areas will replace like for like under the warranty and I'm guessing outside the warranty you'll have to pay for any work to them.

Indi's been using his for a couple of years now and has done a fair few track days and trips to the ring and they're still going strong. They just seem a bit steep at £940

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Fair enough, it's something I'd be looking into if I were buying hence I asked. For not a lot more you can get B16's but then you'd need adjustable top mounts as well.

Indi

Advanced Member
Who repairs them if/when they go wrong?
Area can rebuild them once out of warranty. I've had mine for just over two years now originally were fitted to my previous DC5 and still perform great.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Indi said:
Area can rebuild them once out of warranty. I've had mine for just over two years now originally were fitted to my previous DC5 and still perform great.
Nice, UK rebuild location is very advantageous.

MeisterR

Actually, another questions is what are you using the car for and what are your budget?
Depending on what you are doing, we do have the ZetaCRD+ as well as the GT1.

The older Zeta-R don't have the slotted hole, the ZetaCRD+ does.
I am sure if you want you can slot the hole more, but you don't really want a really long elongated slot.
After all, for every one person trying to get -4 degree of camber, there is going to be three person looking only for -1.5 degree.

I haven't had anyone mention to me with issue regarding negative camber.
But the DC5 alignment are linked so it will depend on ride height, camber, and toe.

Warranty wise the ZetaCRD carry one year.
And if your budget can stretch the GT1 have a lifetime warranty on hydraulic function of the damper "at the moment".
It is at the moment as we are expending in USA so we are tightening up the terms, but until that happen all original purchaser get this "lifetime warranty"
Unless something is physically damage, the GT1 dampers are designed not to fail due to the in house made CNC internal and seals.

Just a few thought for you, any questions just let me know.

Jerrick