Alarm Siren Location

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
Would anyone mind posting pics or PM'ing them to me showing the location of your alarm siren?

The reason is because when I had my Clifford Avantguard installed, the guy put the siren just beside the passenger shock on the firewall because I currently have a cone air filter, so the space was there.

Now I want to install my Mugen airbox (no comments on good or bad please) and it fills the whole space, and the siren is in the way. I just want to know where a good place to re-install it is, since I have managed to get a decent amount of slack.

Thanks

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
Do you mean in the area which is circled? If so, I did notice that to be a good place, and it's away from any heat source and quite spacious. Just a little awkward to drill holes / screw in the bracket but shouldn't be too much of a job

Gaz DC5

Advanced Member
My toad alarm siren is atatched to the feed for a Mugen airbox (although i dont have the airbox).

TypeRKid

Advanced Member
My siren which is the same alarm as yours is attached to the exact same place where you have circled it on the picture. Its ok there but because can get it abit warm there tho but should be ok :) mine is held on by cable ties to the original black strut brace :)

jay82

Advanced Member
what about the place marked in red, i had the same problem when i got my gm in the car. but i had to make a bracket from scratch but it puts the alarm out the way from hitting anything

west

Advanced Member
Under the passenger side scuttle panel. That's where the factory EP3 alarm siren is, should be enough room on the DC5 also. I'll be moving mine there soon as the numpty who fitted it originally screwed it through the vin number :xrealangry: