De-restricted.

spo_gen

Advanced Member
Got rid of the 112mph limit now.......but instead of the usual behind the cluster mod. The guy had to modify the gearbox sensor(in the engine bay).

Just wondering any views of why the cluster mod didnt work first time??

Evs

Advanced Member
Mine is still restricted, despite having had the speedo converted to mph which I thought was supposed to de-restrict them. It's a May '04 build with ABA chassis code.

What year is your car, who did the work for you, and do you know exactly what the mod was that sorted it?

Sorry about the Spanish Inquisition... :oops:

spo_gen

Advanced Member
Hi Andy.........yeah that was me who stopped by briefly :)

This guy works alone but does all the speedo conversions for some import businesses.
The 1st time, he did the behind the cluster mod (small black box with wires, which he spliced into the OEM wires). That didnt work, well it de-restricted it by 5mph :lol:
2nd time, he spliced into the gearbox sensor and connected a long wire to the cluster wires...........its worked :D :wink: Hope this makes sense?? :?

Where abouts are u from Evs as i can pm u his details??? He comes to u and does the work.
Mines a 51 plate. I too thought mine was de-restricted as mine has been converted to mph.

spo_gen

Advanced Member
Crap, ur from Bristol Evs.........not payin attention :wink:

Dont think he'll travel that far TBH. :(

Evs

Advanced Member
Thanks for the info mate. Thought there might be something different about the later cars that meant the usual mod didn't work, but if yours is a 51 that can't be it. I'm planning an ECU and re-map sometime soon anyway so I'll just get whoever does that to have a look at it. Cheers xthumbup

Tarmac

Advanced Member
Just buy an Apex'i Rev/Speed meter. It gets rid of the restriction and also gives your 0-60, 1/4 mile and other times. Think they cost £300 though so they're not cheap. I have one in mine and can recommend it though - great job for drag racing and all that good stuff.

spo_gen

Advanced Member
That was my plan 1st, to get a rsm but the offer of £50 plus the bonus of him coming to u was too good to miss. :lol:

After a couple of weeks, i'd probably wont use the rsm much.

neolee40

Advanced Member
Do all dc-5's come restricted? How do you know if your Dc-5 is restricted? Mine seems to shift alrite?

type-r-dunk

Advanced Member
Hi on all the inports i always fit the converters on the G box. If they are fitted up top the ECU still gets the KPH sig from the box.
If anyone wants a converter/derestricter let me know, £40 (inc pp) easy to fit can be done under the bonnet.

Thanks Duncan

Evs

Advanced Member
type-r-dunk said:
Hi on all the inports i always fit the converters on the G box. If they are fitted up top the ECU still gets the KPH sig from the box.
If anyone wants a converter/derestricter let me know, £40 (inc pp) easy to fit can be done under the bonnet.

Thanks Duncan
You might have a deal there mate - I'll be in touch xthumbup

dobber

Advanced Member
neolee40 said:
Do all dc-5's come restricted? How do you know if your Dc-5 is restricted? Mine seems to shift alrite?
If its dtill restricted your car will only do 110 or so MPH. On a runway or private road of course 8)