HIDs

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
So I hit a pot hole today and all of a sudden my near side HID went out. Any ideas what might have happened? The other side is unaffected.

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
I know you get different ratings and brightness on them. What's the highest bulb rating we can put in ours to give the best performance. I find mine don't even compare to the latest HIDs on cars these days. Also is there a certain fitment and bulb type? Sorry if that's already been covered :/

shane_blueteg

Advanced Member
Our bulbs are d2r. As far as the different kelvin ratings go I don't think it matters what level you put in. But 4300k apparently has the best light output. Basically the different ratings produce different colours if that makes sense. My lights give off a good beam at the moment but the haze that was on the lenses before had a really bad effect on the amount of light getting through. I can only imagine if I splashed out on new headlights the beam would be even better

chiefpulsar

Advanced Member
I never did like the 4300k as standard on the teg i changed mine to 6000k and thought they were much better. i think the higher the number the brighter the light but the range of the bulb becomes shorter in the headlight

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Nice one, thanks for your help. Bought two 5000k d2r bulbs for 56 quid delivered :)

shanedixon

Advanced Member
can you just change the bulb for a diffrent k then i fort u mite of had to change the ballast aswell