P1166/1167

Scott_DC5

Alrite guys,

Bit of a strange one.............. my abs light came on, on my dash so after trying 4 different people if diagnostic equipment i finally managed to find out which abs sensor was knackered and its not gone off n all sorted. But it also brought up error code P1166 and P1167, i got the code cleared and tried it again and they have come back again. Having looked on the forum is seems to be a faulty primary o2 sensor if im right? Should my EML light be on though if it is faulty because it isnt..... :xconfused:

Cheers
Scott

eXceed

Resident Driver
Lol I actually cringe when I see this error code. That is a strange one, first of all I'd check your fuses as it could be a fuse issue if the EML isn't on. Although saying that mine only came on after not working for about 2 weeks... Check your fuses first though mate :)

Scott_DC5

Thanks pal, will do! Just bought a new primary sensor :xcheers: Does anyone know exactly where it is located?

eXceed

Resident Driver
Yeah if you look underneath the car it is basically in line with the front wheels. It's the first sensor back from the manifold! Ive got a pic if you need but it's a piece of pie :).

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Could be the Heating Element in the o2 sensor thats at fault and not the Metering part which measure oxygen.

Could be why your light hasent come on yet.

Scott_DC5

Yeah if you look underneath the car it is basically in line with the front wheels. It's the first sensor back from the manifold! Ive got a pic if you need but it's a piece of pie :).
Nice1, if you could send me the pic that would be great! Do you know where the secondary one is located? Just so i dont them mixed up :xlol:

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Nice1, if you could send me the pic that would be great! Do you know where the secondary one is located? Just so i dont them mixed up :xlol:
Secondary sensor is located just after the Cat, Primary Sensor is before the Cat.

tico_87

Advanced Member
If you want resonable price then probably buying from America as some members have done. Don't bother buying from a motorfactors as they won't work. Other than that its tegiwa or Honda