So many with so little miles

Nate187

Ive been on the lookout for a DC5 since selling my DC2 at the begining of march. Ive not found 'the one' yet but have seen thats only 7 miles away from me with the spec i want. Its a 2001 and only covered just over 4000 miles! Its a little out my price range but i may find the extra money somehow.
Im just wondering why it has such low miles for a 7 year old car? There seems to be alot DC5's imported with very little miles surley this cant be good for the car to sit around for such a long time?

Nate187

Oh ive just read the thread below (DC5 import concerns).
But still, 4000 miles in 7 years. That must have been sitting around for years!
What are your views?

premadonna555

Advanced Member
Personally i will always go for service history over low mileage, but if it has both then fantastic. I wouldn't buy any car, let alone an import if i couldn't prove the mileage though its history or the relevant mileage certificates if coming from Japan.

Although low mileage jap imports are far from rare, just make sure all the paper work is present. If it's had services irrelevant of the mileage, then it's going to be a nice car.

But to be honest, just buy on condition, you should instantly be able to tell if it's a nice example that's been looked after or not.

Being stood around in the japanese climate not doing any mileage i personally wouldn't have thought it was much of a problem.

LA-DC5 ITR

Advanced Member
premadonna555 said:
Personally i will always go for service history over low mileage, but if it has both then fantastic. I wouldn't buy any car, let alone an import if i couldn't prove the mileage though its history or the relevant mileage certificates if coming from Japan.

Although low mileage jap imports are far from rare, just make sure all the paper work is present. If it's had services irrelevant of the mileage, then it's going to be a nice car.

But to be honest, just buy on condition, you should instantly be able to tell if it's a nice example that's been looked after or not.

Being stood around in the japanese climate not doing any mileage i personally wouldn't have thought it was much of a problem.
Excellent advice :wink:

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
Nate187 said:
But still, 4000 miles in 7 years. That must have been sitting around for years!
What are your views?
You asked for my views. :arrow:

1.Iv'e had mine since June 07 and only use it on the weekend.(Mainly driving to TGM.(ie 9 miles) :lol: :lol: )
2.My bike is an 02,with only 11,000,on the clock.

3.I have access to a work van(so, NEVER,gets used for a run to the shops.)

Maybe you are looking at a DC5,Owned buy a ""JDM- chalkie".

HTH