Sealant vs Wax on White Cars

coolerking

Advanced Member
It's alot of money to shell out on the entire 3 part system. Personally I prefer Zaino. Zaino Z2 looks amazing on light coloured cars, white and silver in particular. Leaves a very glossy finish and you can layer it by itself or with waxes.

I disagree with the part about white being difficult to achieve wetness and depth. It all boils down to final product choice. Glaze, seal, wax etc. When doing my facebook writeups I always make reference to "anything is possible".

do you think to achieve the wetness and depth though, you would use a wax over a sealant?

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Can I just say (without upsetting anyone or blowing my own trumpet!) I have been using Meguiars for about 18 months now and I have to say their products are amazing. Reasonable price, easy to use/apply and always stocked in most motor factors.

We all know that Porthos uses Meguiars and so does Tom (at Meguiars) and I think lee and mark do too. And we all won a prize at Japfest this year. (plus the fact that we are a bit OCD!)

I'm not taking anything away from the other companies that make waxes and such like but you do have to ask yourself if it ain't broke...

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Lol, Adam, you didn't even have any wax on your car! Just Meguiars Polish wasn't it?

But that machine clean we did a few weeks before made one hell of a difference! So some wax was likely still on there from then.

Don't want this turning into a Meguiars VS the World thing though.

What I'm looking into, is if there really is anything in waxes/sealants looking better on different colour cars. That's what I will be investigating friday on your C/W DC5. Not fussed about longevity (which is what sealants are engineered for), it's the appearance I will be testing and this whole multiple layers thing and cost vs visual impact.

The results are going to be enlightening either way I'm sure and I cant wait to try it and show my findings.

So far, in my 15 years or so of cleaning cars as an enthusiast (started when I was 13 cleaning my sisters white nova, lol), I have never seen a miracle product that looks any different from the rest. Werkstat, especially being a modern product, might just break that trend and give an 'edge' over the competition.

At the end of the day, you can use what you like, but I'm not going to recommend a product I don't use regularly.

coolerking

Advanced Member
I used meguiars to begin with, then reading all the professional's write ups none of them used them as LSP, I tried what they were using and when polisedbliss recommended werkstat for white, it was better than anything I had used by anyone, if its good enough for them its good enough for me, thats the attitude I take, durability and cost dont bother me to an extent its the finished look that convinces me

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
I have never been one to follow a crowd, I make my own judgements.

And everyone is different, we all settle on different products, it's what makes us all unique.

its the finished look that convinces me
That I totally agree with! ^_^

I can't wait to try this stuff!

JunKo

For me its gotta be a combo iv used for a while which is zaino z-2 a few layers of this and then topped with wet glaze 2.0 and to finish off i use the zaino gloss enhancher detailer :)