Recent content by anticlaus105

1. A

Removing boot gas struts?

Anyone any more ideas on this? Can I just tap the old struts off using a hammer?
  2. A

on mine the ball is on the car and the socket on the gas strut. i could try and hit the strut with a hammer to see if it will pop off but i don't want to damage or snap what it clips on to. the ball bit has a bolt tightening it to the car. again i don't want to start undoing things that may not...
  3. A

Do the boot gas struts just clip off and the new ones on? Had a quick go a few mins ago but dark and on own so didn't want to drop boot (had it propped up). I also don't want to damage the new ones in ignorance. The old ones don't seem too keen to come off. Any advice?
  4. A

Boot gas struts

sounds good to me. pn sent.
  5. A

Boot gas struts

Sweet. :)
  6. A

The Teg has gone :-(

Nice looking Scooby. Gotta admit this is a switch I have been considering. Gonna have to get something newer at some point and would really like 4WD if not then FWD. Never driven an STI but tried a WRX and an Evo. I only get about 28-30mpg in the teg (if I worked it out correct) so the scooby...
  7. A

Boot gas struts

My non c-pack (no wiper) boot won't stay up anymore. Honda are a bit pricey for new gas stuts (oddly right and left are different prices :xconfused: ). I've seen some on e-bay for £30 but am worried they may be near EOL also. Anyone know where to get some replacements that won't break the...
  8. A

HELP!…My gears have just vanished.

My mate works for a garage. They let me buy the parts with their trade discount (sometimes Dave J can still beat this tho) and don't overdo it on the labour charges. When it first went I was sweating after several people mentioned figures in region of a grand :o I wouldn't like to know what a...
  9. A

All sorted now \:D/ Needed a new change lever and a couple of other bit and bobs (RSX manual 13-25). Just shy of £180 all in. Cheers to everyone for the help.
  10. A

Car is in garage now. They say the selector part of gearbox has come apart. It all looks ok but just needs putting back together but they don't know how. Anyone know where I can get a diagram/schematic of the gearbox for them to work with before they have to start mithering Honda? EDIT: Am...
  11. A

Is this a case of the box can be repaired or would I need a new/recon one. Any ideas as to likely cost and a good place in the North West to get it done?
  12. A

Ok...there is a fork type thing in front of the gearbox attached to a compressible seam type thing. On pressing and releasing the clutch it moves sideways.
  13. A

Not quite no drive. No actual gears. Clutch was new last year so I would hope it's working ok. When I move the gear stick I could easily move it in a clockwise/anticlockwise direction. It does not have any slots for 1st, 2nd etc. There is just nothing there at all, it moves around freely without...
  14. A

It fit's the bay perfectly unlike the previous one. It puts out 330amps starting power whereas the previous one was 300amps I think. I did notice the car starting better than it had ever done when I changed it (even before I killed the prev battery by flattening it twice). I can't fault it really.
  15. A

I had nobody around so set my phone up to record what happened when I moved the gear stick. I have posted the video. It looks like it is all linked up ok. I guess this is not looking good. :( Time to search for recon/new gearbox costs methinks. 9UNpDUgrnOc