Recent content by Bathroom_Security

1. B

Alignment

Most likely your diff behaving normally. I owned a Megane 275 RS for a while with an LSD and that was similar although that had electric steering, traction control and out the box i think they run flat camber (maybe slightly positive) so while it wasn't aggressive like the DC5 is, it still used...
  2. B

Alignment

Yeah I dont think it was the right setup for me really. Did corner well but I'd sooner have some stability Crackfox if you are anywhere near Woking/Weybridge area you're more than welcome to have a ride in mine with B14's (i am due a geo setup currently though so not going to be100%) if you...
  3. B

Alignment

See I asked TGM to set mine up with the old FRSU and they took it to some random garage, didn't and doesn't feel 100%. I was under the impression they would be doing it with their own gear (i'd of been happy with string!) if they said they were going to take it down the road I'd not have...
  4. B

Bilstein B4 dampers

fwiw (i know youre not considering these now) B14s are great, all of the bump steer you get with the stock springs/shocks is gone and they are a nice ride. But they are too soft for some people as they want the race car feel or actually want stiffer coilovers for the track. The B14s load up...
  5. B

Whats it worth thread

Hi, just wondering what should I ask for my car, I am planning to stick it up for sale come the better weather next year I think (this was always my plan with the DC5) as I want to return to M3 ownership at some point. Looking at Classifieds some DC5s hang about for ages so don't want to...
  6. B

Clunking when Accelerating

Sorted today after visiting TGM, Tom was sure it was the springs popping although I discounted this as it would not do it when turning the wheel. I didn't grease the B14s when I first fitted them and they would pop when turning the wheel, no big deal I just took them apart and greased them up...
  7. B

Clunk noise when breaking at low speed

Slight hijack but is the noise a light tap when the brakes are applied. I have a clunk but only seems to manifest itself when I accelerate after braking. So won't make a noise until I accelerate.
  8. B

No But I'll take a look. It'll only make a noise after I've braked then accelerate. If I was to mash the accelerator on off on off it wouldn't make the noise.
  9. B

Hi everyone, could you give me some ideas on what this might be? Recently fitted Bilstein B14's, EP3 rod ends and EP3 top mounts. I am due a new clutch FWIW, but suspect thats not the problem here. I have a clunk which I can easily replicate by braking and then accelerating. For example, you...
  10. B

Hard Water + OCD

Old thread revival maybe but then this section is quiet.... FWIW I run a Daqua 15 litre vessel with MB115 resin. I just run it inline with the pressure washer pre and rinse completely uneconomical but whatever. Spend maybe £70 a year on resin, one bag lasts for 2 fills of my vessel and...
  11. B

Advan AD08 vs Bridgestone Potenza Re070

I have the ps4 on mine (Not the ps4s) and they tend to wash out in corners sometimes. I'd prefer more grip. I will swap mine out next year for something better.
  12. B

Eibach wheel spacers - price too good to be true?

They come from Germany. if you have the autodoc App theres even more discount available. They had 25% off the other day but just like Euro Car Parts they have an offer on allll the time
  13. B

DC5 Handling on Eibach Pro with frsu

Thanks I've ordered them elsewhere now I may fit them myself but don't get What the 1mm washer is about? Mounts are smaller so need 2x 1mm washers for ep3 coilovers. Where abouts exactly? e/ - either side of the strut mount at the rear, makes sense! I will probably fit them myself...
  14. B

DIY Ktuned Billet Shifter install DC5

Thanks for this. Was thinking of installing one myself, maybe the hybrid racing shifter though. I just put in the billeted shift arm and although it has improved things hugely you can still tell it has a horrid plastic shift mechanism. Just doesnt feel that nice at times. I checked my shift...
  15. B

DC5 Handling on Eibach Pro with frsu

Thanks mate do I need EP3 mounts? Only ones I can find are the complete bearing and mount kit on Teigwa imports. Struggling to find DC5 specific mounts http://www.tegiwaimports.com/genuine-honda-front-shock-top-mounts-civic-ep3.html