Recent content by CharlesW

1. C

Rust treatment - Aberdeenshire based traders?

Phillip at Kirkton did my rear wheel arches last winter. As it turned out the inner arches were full of holes. All that you could see was rust on the inner arch fold. As you can't get inner arches from Honda he had to make some inner arches from scratch. He made these arches so there is now no...
  2. C

WARRANTY FOR DC5??

I got a Hondacare warranty from the Honda dealer in Aberdeen. http://www.glenvarigill.co.uk/contact.php?m=3
  3. C

Underseal or not

Chris The other alternative is to Waxoyl it. This has the advantage that you can protect the inside of voids as well as the underside of the car. You can do it yourself if you have access to a ramp or a pit. Exposed parts of the underside will probably require re-treatment every couple of...
  4. C

Safety Recall Notices

Glenvargill Honda in Aberdeen arranged a Hondacare warrenty for my DC5 MY2002. They also service it. When I first went round there all the sales staff came out for a gander. If your local Honda dealer makes any excuses take your custom elsewhere.
  5. C

Looking to buy....

Phil, I got my DC5 from Litchfield Imports in Cheltenham. He currently has 1 white DC5 in your price range. http://www.litimports.co.uk/stocklist.asp
  6. C

Low throttle surging problem

My DC5 is a touch jumpy when cold. I think this is just a fuelling issue when in cold start mode.
  7. C

New key?

I got a 2nd key cut in Aberdeen last week :) . It took them a few goes to get it exactly right, but now they know how to do it 1st time. They are Lockfast at 284 George Street. Aberdeen, 01224 622744.
  8. C

DC5 Recall Annoucement

Mike, My car's chassis no. is after DC5-1010207 so I guess my car is OK. About Hondacare I guess they will not cover it. When I was talking to them recently about warranties, I was told it only covered parts up to the cost of the equivalent UK Honda part. This presents a problem as there is no...
  9. C

Would like a test drive - but where do I go ?

Chris, I think the blue DC5 mentioned in Aberdeen is mine. I got it from Iain Litchfield in Cheltenham. The deal was pretty transparent. He generally has some in stock. Or you can do what I did. You put down a deposit, when you order a car. When his buyer in Japan finds a suitable vehicle, you...
  10. C

Any DC5 owners in Scotland

Here's a snap of our DC5
  11. C

I am living near Aberdeen and have had a blue DC5 since September. :lol: :lol: :lol:
  12. C

It has finally arrived! 2 weeks late but better late than never. So if you see a blue DC5 around Aberdeen and Deeside it might be me or my wife. :D :D :D
  13. C

what octane petrol???

I have been using Optimax in my JDM Impreza WRX without any ill effect. As far as the scooby goes it seems to be the best fuel. Nearly all the scooby owners in the UK use it. Some do add octane boost as well. Problems seem to arise when people start modding and increasing boost without paying...
  14. C

:D A blue DC5 MY2002 should be delivered next week. It arrived in Southhampton last Friday. At the moment it is being SVA'd and registered. I hope to take it to the next SIDC track day at KH. The WRX needs a rest. :roll: The SIDC track day on the 13th Sept. will offer passenger laps in...