Recent content by clearout

1. C

Car Alarm Engineer - A recommendation

Hi all, I am not sure on the rules of the forums for recommendations / direct links etc so edit if required. I needed to replace a broken alarm system and was unsure where to go. Eventually my need forced my hand and I went with the London Alarm Company. The job was first class and the result...
  2. C

Fifa vs Pes

I have played PES for years and I have to say the latest version is dissapointing. The problem is PES and FIFA have both got into the marketing releases. This means the same old poo engine from the PS2 days with nicer graphics and a few tweaks. I would rather wait 2 years and get the offside...
  3. C

Civic - What to look for

Thanks for that. Those were already things we were going to check as per normal practice I guess. I was just worried about the 3 owner point mainly Thanks for the comments :) TC
  4. C

Civic - What to look for

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong area but... My friend is looking at a Civic R today with ~33K on the clock and slightly modded (exhaust and air). He has completed the vehicle check and nothing has come up apart from there being 3 owners, with the curent owner having the car less than a...
  5. C

HID question

Morning, I have searched all the posts before asking but none quite answer. My offside headlight is not working. Noticed last night. It has been washed so concious that is could be the power packs etc. This light was replaced by Honda about a year ago (4000K miles) so I was going to wait and...
  6. C

Help needed

I'm not sure it will help to have the codec even if you do manage to transfer it to another computer. From what I know the data is stored in the same format as was originally recieved and hence still requires the decoding process to view correctly. The encryption that Sky+ use has not been...
  7. C

Waaahooooo New PC

I bet Football Manager 2007 still runs like a dog! - but I hear IBM are working on something that can cope.
  8. C

Vista

Jimmy have you looked at the BDD 2007 from microsoft. Some very nice updates to cover deployment of Vista
  9. C

Vista

The support will be lacking for a while especially given that we are over a month away from consumer release. All good information though chaps, helps to strengthen recommendations
  10. C

Vista

That is my thoughts at the moment also. I cannot imagine recommending it over XP for businesses. The training on it's on is too much for most Office looks lovely. I can't imagine how they can improve on office much more from this point Your technet subscription did you see the new download...
  11. C

Vista

Hey people, As a person running an IT business I am about to start testing the new Vista OS to make sure I can recommend to clients whether they should move or stay with XP etc etc. Just thought I'd ask if anyone wanted anything specific tested / checked before they pick up Vista. I may as...
  12. C

How about this for a wide desktop

Greatest one I ever saw was when working at a rather annoying investment bank, 6 huge TFT's 3*2 for the datacenter operators.
  13. C

Master Cylinder query

Thanks for all the replies. As the price wasn't so bad and the car was at the dealers I agreed to have the replacement. I guess when u have rubber bits they are always likely to perish quite quickly. Shame though Thanks again TC
  14. C

Master Cylinder query

It is a squeek. Not loud just annoying, its not smooth either depressing
  15. C

Master Cylinder query

Hey people, My car is in with Honda having bodywork repair finally and while there I asked them to check a slight squeek on the clutch when it is pressed in and out. They have come back and said it is the rubber inside the master cylinder that is going and that it will require a new master...