Recent content by DC5vtec

1. D

DC5 steering rack replacement!

I put a deposit on an 18 month old white DC5 (9000 mls), based on a delivery in August. After a couple of minor issues with the SVA test, I was expecting to pick the car up at the end of September. As I live in Aberdeen and the car is in Bristol, I decided to get the car inspected by the AA...
  2. D

Any DC5 owners in Scotland

Just got back from Holiday. Unfortunately the SVA test was not complete :cry: due to Japanese tyres (New Yokohamas). should now be sorted tomorrow so hopefully pick it up in about 10 days.
  3. D

Just got back from Holiday. Unfortunately the SVA test was not complete :cry: due to Japanese tyres (New Yokohamas). should now be sorted tomorrow so hopefully pick it up in about 10 days.
  4. D

Rear Fog Light - SVA requirment?

Got the car from Car Imports Direct. Sva'd today and ready to pick up. Bad timing or what, I'm away to Italy for three weeks with the wife to be, (Shes expecting a sensible car to replace the DC2!!!), so I won't get the car till the end of the month. Anyway good driving guys, see you later
  5. D

Finally worked out how to post an image. Attached are a couple of photos including a rear view photo showing the rear fog light. http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?selected=471504
  6. D

Jevo, That sounds like a good solution. Unfortunately the fog that has been fitted is one of the kits that needs a hole cut in the bumper (similar to the DC2 fog light) I spoke to the dealer today and he said that, for the age of the car, it is now illegal to hang a fog light of the botton of...
  7. D

I've just got pictures through of my DC5. It seems to have been fitted with a rear fog light on the right hand side of the rear bumper. Does anyone know if this is a requirement for SVA approval.
  8. D

Good to hear from another future owner in NE scotland I hoped to pick my car up this week, but i seems to be taking a while to get it SVA'd :cry: . I 'm away next week for three weeks so I won't get the car until end of september, otherwise I might have gone to KH as well. Although last time I...
  9. D

Best First Modification

I will shortly be picking up a my DC5 (White, 2002 model, C-pack) I'm not expecting to do many mods, but was wondering what other owners would recommend as reletively simple mods (ECU, induction Etc.) to improve performance.
  10. D

I should be picking up my DC5 in a couple of weeks. Just wondering if there are any other owners in scotland.