Recent content by H105Daz

1. H

YC53JRP My old car, anyone here own it.

Ha ha ...come on Rog' get it together.
  2. H

Going for a respray

Flip paint = FAIL! Just looks chavvy and faded colour to me if I pass one in the street (ooeer!). Awful. :xtsk:
  3. H

Blower direction on 'Auto'

Does anyone leave their direction dial on Auto while running the blower? I quite often leave the 'Speed' dial on auto as its handy speeding up/slowing down to reach desired temp. Just wondering the sequence the vents open and close while on auto. My preference normally is just staying on...
  4. H

SAINSBURY'S INSURANCE RESULT!!!

Renewal just came through ..£278 fully comp/breakdown cover/courtesy car/insured no claims/legal cover ...thank-you very much! :xwavey:
  5. H

high rev gear change the water jet spraying water out?

Where are your washer hoses sat when you close the bonnet? Maybe with the higher revs, the engine moving as you change gear squashes the supply hose and squirts some juice!!
  6. H

No oil usage!!

Ok then I wont have to worry about it. Will still check regularly tho. Cheers.
  7. H

No oil usage!!

I check my car weekly and never seem to have to top up my oil!! I was told to religiously check my oil level on these cars as they use (apparently) a fair amount of oil. I always check a cold engine on a level driveway....... am I not giving it enough 'Tec? Using Millers XFS 5/40.
  8. H

Ever seen anyone take a pic of your car?

It's a really good feeling to own one of the most ironic JDM cars of all time. Iconic surely?
  9. H

Wet Vacuumed Recaros

Can't see mine ... they're under seat covers..!! ^_^
  10. H

Brembo caliper paint

Hammerite is ok but tends to stay soft for days which may be a problem if your spraying the calipers in situ then reassembling. It is also prone to chipping as its very hard once cured. How do I know, I painted some CRX calipers with it and a complete Fiat car in yellow. :xhaha2:
  11. H

BP ultimate - stinky fuel

BP Ultimate here too £1:49 ltr noticed no bad smell tho.
  12. H

Stained alloys

Yes, that one .... although I use the handspray bottle not the neat bleach like jollop which may cause some damage if left on. You are correct tho, I wouldn't use it on bodywork.
  13. H

Stained alloys

No where near as aggressive as some alloy wheel cleaners acidity wise.... Cillit Bang doesn't say "You must rinse off after two minutes or else" etc like some alloy wheel cleaners. Cillit Bang £1.29 does a sterling job .... Posh wheel cleaner £20 might not do the job. Simple economics...
  14. H

Stained alloys

I shifted the stains on my alloys with Cillit Bang (purple one) and a bit of elbow grease. Shifts those thread like stains well. Always clean and re-apply a resin polish after tho ... :xyes: