No oil usage!!

H105Daz

Advanced Member
I check my car weekly and never seem to have to top up my oil!!

I was told to religiously check my oil level on these cars as they use (apparently) a fair amount of oil. I always check a cold engine on a level driveway....... am I not giving it enough 'Tec?

Using Millers XFS 5/40.

Dan34

Advanced Member
Wouldn't worry at all! Some drink a lot, some not a drop. They're all different to each other.

tico_87

Advanced Member
What Dan has said basically. I had my EM1 for 2 years and constantly checked my oil but not once did i have to top up where-as many other B16 owners have to top up every 1k miles or so.

My DC5 too i have been lucky so far as its doesn't use up any oil so im happy :D

davidpingu

Advanced Member
All depends on how they were run in from new apparently but if it's not using any it certainly isn't a bad sign!

Gerard DC5

Advanced Member
Not sure if this makes any difference but I used to have to top mine up maybe once every 2 months till I changed to Silkolene pro s and since last oil change I haven't used a drop! Not sure if its maybe just coincedence though.

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
Same with me, it sees vtec daily, 250+ miles a week and I haven't topped it up since long before Japfest

jasondc55

Advanced Member
This is my second Dc5 with around the same mileage call me old school but I know when my oil needs changing because it will drink it. This usually happens around 5000 miles after fresh oil I try and keep it to 4500 per change but more frequently if out on track.

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
My 2nd K20 and this one doesn't use any oil either, not even after a day on the track, can't say bad about that.

Definitely not a bad a sign, I like to think that it shows its been looked after well, lol.

molten-ice

Advanced Member
I check mine every week/2weeks depending on how much i drive it , and between 5000mile services i have never had to top it up.

engine has also done about 85k miles.

blueguy

Resident J's whore
As per above, I don't ever recall having to top up the oil even after a few track days.

chrex

Advanced Member
I've had an ATR with the H22a2 in and this 'teg...both have drank a fair bit of oil. It's reduced slightly since i put Miller's CFS in it, but over long distances it still uses a lil bit. Normally have to top it up once a week, or after every rag.

civicjordan281

Advanced Member
don't worry about it, mine doesn't use much I think I use 1ltr of pro s over 11k ( in 1 year) and 1 track day at brands. I think that's pretty good really. mines done 92k

Bonito

Advanced Member
Oil can also be a factor. Millers is my choice of oil 90% of the time and when it's in I never had to top up. Castrol = Drinks it.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I've been checking mine once a week including oil and water and it's not used a drop, not a drop of oil and no water used at all and that's including spirited driving most days. I've not even had to top it up and that's been about 5 weeks of ownership.

Quite surprised by that.

RunsWithScissors

Ive had 5 Hondas now. Most of them drink oil to be fair but my last S2000 used literally nothing and had 152k on the clock!? Highest mileage one ive ever had and used not a drop.

So do people think the reason a honda uses no oil is because it's been treated well in its early days/years? What exactly is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Crazylegs said:
I've been checking mine once a week including oil and water and it's not used a drop, not a drop of oil and no water used at all and that's including spirited driving most days. I've not even had to top it up and that's been about 5 weeks of ownership.

Quite surprised by that.
Not driving it hard enough ;)

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

MrRy

Advanced Member
My dc2 used to drink oil then the bottom end went. Put a b18c4 bottom end on and turbocharged it and it never drank any oil over 15/20k miles including track days. Changed the oil every 6k.

My honda S2000 didn't use a drop. This DC5 hasn't used a drop in a year including a mild track day.

Really must be how they are treated or bed in. But when people say 'Vtec uses oil' i just don't know what to say to them.

integraleo

Advanced Member
All my hondas have used reasonable amount of oil. Both mb6's I had and all 3 dc2s used around a litre every 1000k. Both dc5s I've had use less than that. Depending on how I drive it it's somewhere in the region of a litre every 2000 miles. It's the same consumption with
0-30 gulf competition
5-40 fuchs pro s
5-40 millers nanodrive