Recent content by Iavechanged

1. I

Car won't start

Yes stripped it down the whole way including the two five star screws!! Is there any way of testing it when its out do you know? I'l try getting a video tomorrow. And yes I probably did flood it as you said after it wouldn't start. But would the IACV have stopped it from starting?
  2. I

Car won't start

Got it started today with a push and started easy enough! Haven't said this I obviously haven't found the problem. It started no problem a few hours later as well. So fuel pump is working. I had been having idling problems in the morning when cold, its hunting up and down until I give it the...
  3. I

Car won't start

It should show up on diagnosis's if it was de-immobilised, shouldn't it?? The clutch switch is ok because it is trying to start, it wouldn't fire at all if it was the clutch switch.
  4. I

Car won't start

Hi All, I have a problem with my DC5, in won't start! Its turning but jus won't start. I have checked the plugs and they are sparking and there is fuel coming. I have taken off the trottle body and cleaned it and still nothing. No fault is showing up on diagnosis either! Any idea's!???
  5. I

Hunting on cold start

No good for me, I've had this problem a few months now and its got a few hard drives and never sorted it. Does anyone know a way of testing the IACV when it is out to make sure its working correctly? Could I just put 12v directly on to the solenoid?
  6. I

Hunting on cold start

Yes, I took off the little motor so I was able to turn the valve to clean either side. It was dirty and I thought I had found the problem, but when I put it back together the same thing was happening.
  7. I

Hunting on cold start

Hi guys The RPM are hunting up and down on cold start. If I don't open the trottle it will die out. I've taken apart the IACV and cleaned it once but its didn't fix it. It is like the engine is being smothered until i rev it, then I hear a clink sound (almost like a valve opening or something...