Recent content by Jevo

1. J

Changing OEM Seats

IIRC the Recaros tipped the scale at just over 20KG each and those Sparcos are around 6kg each so quite a saving over all !! Jonster knows the exact weights.... Jevo
  2. J

New key?

ha ha this is the first problem i had when i got mine.... The solution is to get another key (a Honda Jazz was mine) and just go to a PROPER locksmith and they will cut it exact... I think Steels Honda have found a cheaper blank now that works rather thna the Jazz key.. so give Dave a call.. Jevo
  3. J

DC5 steering rack replacement!

Most of the DC5 parts are held in a big warehouse in Belgium so should be available on overnight delivery... I would talk to Dave at Steels Honda.. top guy and he can get bits others can't... :wink: Jevo
  4. J

Racing DC5

You need to add to a Racing DC5 the following... Heater matrix or something to blow consistent hot air on front window Rear wiring loom for rear lights Rear fog light Roof lining Airbag or change the switches A-pillar trim and thats just the start.... Jevo
  5. J

Racing DC5

As Mike says... its not impossible to get a Racing DC5 through the SVA but it will cost more than buying a second hand one and stripping the stuff out... plus that way you get ABS and an LSD and a heater that will work !!! Jevo
  6. J

G?

Never heard of that one.... see if you can find out anymore and let us all know.... Jevo
  7. J

Slight "knocking"....

GTI, Always worth getting knocks checked out... if your near to Hereford pop in to Steels Honda or down to Powerstation in Cheltenham and get them to check it... Jevo
  8. J

Headlight Help needed

Andrew, You need to disconnect the HID's to get the car thru the SVA and then reconnect them after. HID's are not allowed for SVA i'm afraid.... Jevo
  9. J

Slight "knocking"....

mmm not noticed anything on mine.. but after 3-5 miles the car is pretty well warmed up (if you go by the temp gauge) so it maybe just something that expands when its warm and thus the noise goes... Have you tried bouncing the suspension to see if its drive or suspension ? Jevo
  10. J

Looking for more info on DC5

KC... Good choice.. as opposed to the CTR.. many people who have driven both say the chassis on the DC5 is much better.. plus the DC5 has the drop dead looks... As for your questions... The cars are quoted as 220ps in Japan.. bear in mind this will beon 100 RON fuel and is PS not BHP...
  11. J

That old Insurance question

I'm with Rich.. i think its group 20 as its an import so they push it high... I get my insurance through A-plan (axa) and because old git with full no claims i pay just under £800 including the mods... it does pay to shop around as said elsewhere because most people dont even know what it is...
  12. J

Insurance Quotes

my guess would be around £1500 but dont hold me to that... ur age goes against you i'm afraid... Ring around and ask... Jevo
  13. J

Under bonnet temperatures and induction

thats for the s2000 or am i missing something ?? Jevo
  14. J

Replacement Bulbs

Rich, I would speak to Dave in parts at Steels Honda.. he will be able to give you the definitive low down... even if you have HID Jevo
  15. J

Where can I get a DC5

You could always speak to Iain at Litchfield Imports www.litchfieldimports.co.uk He's doing lots of business in DC5's at the moment... Jevo