Looking for more info on DC5

KC

Hi there,
I have been thinking of getting a CTR but after hearing about the DC5 may have changed my mind! I'm looking for something a bit different!!
Can any one give me some info on the car??
BHP?
0-60?
stuff like that.
Also what is it like to own in terms of servicing/waranty etc.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Jevo

KC...

Good choice.. as opposed to the CTR.. many people who have driven both say the chassis on the DC5 is much better.. plus the DC5 has the drop dead looks...

As for your questions...

The cars are quoted as 220ps in Japan.. bear in mind this will beon 100 RON fuel and is PS not BHP.. adjusted this is about 216BHP on 100 RON.. a number of DC5's have been on Powerstations RR using 98 RON Optimax and have achieved 211BHP consistently..

0-60 is a different matter.. i have never seen a quoted figure.. but is suspect its in the range of 6.5 seconds certainly feels around that...

Servicing can be done by any Honda dealer as its basically the same as a CTR.. all parts are easy to source too... and warranty.. well you can even get a Honda warranty for the car now too...

Have a look at www.itr-dc5.com in the technical section as that should answer most questions

Good luck

Jevo

KC

Cheers for that,

I have been searching the net trying to find as much as I can.
I'm going to Santa Pod on the 12th Oct, I'm hoping I will see a DC5 maybe get to chat to an owner.

I have also looked at Litchfield importers, which was useful.
Thanks for the replay!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Caroline

0-60 is supposed to be 6.0 with the old ITR getting 6.5-6.8.

Just got my one last week and I am getting about 30mpg aswell which is great because I am driving it fairly hard!!!

ChampRSX

Hi all,

I 'm from Canada and have a Type S with 200bhp about 170whp and 142lb/ft about 125 to the wheels. I know the type R has 216bhp but how much is whp and how much torque does it have?

Thanks

cfoster

Advanced Member
KC - Whereabouts in Essex are you mate?? If your local, your welcome to come over and have a look at my DC5 (black one).... I live in Rayleigh...

Cheers
Chris