Recent content by Magic

1. M

Your finest reflection shot.

Of course. Prepped with Swissvax CF Reg. and finished with 2 coats of Swissvax Crystal Rock. ;)
  2. M

EP3 partial correction & protection detail..

Hey guys and gals, hope you are well?! Not posted a detailing thread here for a while, so thought I'd share this with you. This is a CTROC members car which I have detailed in the past, it's been back in with me recently - I organised having the front bumper repaired (as it was cracked)...
  3. M

Your finest reflection shot.

Not a Honda but how does this tickle your taste buds?!
  4. M

'MD1' Prototype Wax development !!

Hey all, Just thought I'd show you some sneak preview pics of my own blend of bespoke wax I am currently developing. We are only in the early stages here btw, this is the first version. I hope you like it, I am developing it not only for myself but also for release to my clients or...
  5. M

Swissvax VS Turtlewax + Meguiars VS Werkstat + (part 3)

Good test ! Very pleased with your honest write up. Surprised you found the Swissvax difficult to get out of the tub, being a harder wax - I put this down to it being in such a small tub. I can assure you, it is easy removing it from the large tubs, and a little goes a very long way, it's very...
  6. M

Favourite polish and wax or sealant

I think the thread was called "Honda's by Magic Detail", down at the bottom of pg1 in here.. :) Since then I have done 3 more Honda's, all Civics, and finished them in BoS or Crystal Rock by request Concorso is the European version of BoS btw. It's called that for copyright reasons or...
  7. M

Sealant vs Wax on White Cars

I would use a combination tbh. Zaino Z2 layered with something like Natty's Red / Swissvax BoS (basically a wet looking wax).
  8. M

Dodo Juice sealant

Red Mist is a standalone sealant. If used in conjunction with waxes it will degrade them quite rapidly due to the high solvent content. The Tropical version is much better as it is solvent-free (or low solvent, can't remember), and can be used to top up existing protection during routine...
  9. M

Sealant vs Wax on White Cars

It's alot of money to shell out on the entire 3 part system. Personally I prefer Zaino. Zaino Z2 looks amazing on light coloured cars, white and silver in particular. Leaves a very glossy finish and you can layer it by itself or with waxes. I disagree with the part about white being difficult...
  10. M

Anyone had a go with this?

Tbh, with Honda's woefully soft paint I would steer clear of any waterless wash products. You're just asking for trouble. They originate from America where it hardly ever rains (in California, home of detailing!) and where the cars end up in a light sprinkling of dust. In the UK, with our...
  11. M

NHB EP3 by Magic Detail

Thanks for the comments guys, and Martin. Sorry I haven't been around much to contribute. @ Martin - I knew when I did it you'd want to sell up and get a DC5 again and do it all again!!! :lol:
  12. M

NHB EP3 by Magic Detail

Thanks for the kind comments chaps!! Good luck with your correction next month Harv :)
  13. M

NHB EP3 by Magic Detail

Thanks guys :) Re: headlights - it varies. The DC5 I posted last month needed some light sanding first, as they had gone yellow. These EP3 lights were suffering from some sort of etching, so I was able to remove the damage with a rotary, equipped with a 95mm wool pad and some Scholl S3 Gold...
  14. M

NHB EP3 by Magic Detail

Hey guys, Just thought I'd share this one with you as it's a popular Honda, and of course, from the same era as the mighty DC5!! A few highlights - it was booked in for a 2 day enhancement, which includes a single stage polish. Finished in Dodo Supernatural Hybrid; Some headlight...
  15. M

Honda's by Magic Detail

Thanks for the kind comments guys. Coldfuse, PM heading your way dude :)