EP3 partial correction & protection detail..

Magic

Hey guys and gals, hope you are well?!

Not posted a detailing thread here for a while, so thought I'd share this with you.

This is a CTROC members car which I have detailed in the past, it's been back in with me recently - I organised having the front bumper repaired (as it was cracked) along with stone chip removal from bumper and bonnet. So basically the car benefitted from a front end respray. Now we all know what bodyshops are like, or at least, the majority of us do. My painters buffing is no different than any other, so I have actually told him he doesn't have to bother because it creates more work for me, but he's old school so he just carries on. :lol:

Anyway, the car was also booked in for a maintenance detail to give the paintwork an overhaul and restore the protection etc.

So here's some shots of the action:

The usual bodyshop nasties. This is why it pays to have someone detail your car rather than have a respray in many cases. Out came the rotary, 3M blue finishing pad and some Ultrafina..

Refined this further with the Bigfoot and Keramik Gloss on a finishing pad. The paint was still a little soft, I was having a few issues removing the polish residue without marring the finish tbh, but after some technique adjustments I got there.

Finished the car with;

* Mitchell & King 'Armour' aviation grade Teflon coating
* Mitchell & King QD wipedown
* Mitchell & King 'Philip' luxury carnauba wax

Ideally the whole car could have done with some correction, but paint readings were very thin - when I did a minor correction / enhancement on this car last year it was low even then. But sometimes you have to draw a line in the sand and not cross it. The car's done 100k miles, I doubt you'll find many more in this sort of condition even if it's not perfect!!

I've been busy of late, it's the time of year now for Winter protections so I have been doing lots of those over the past month! Hope you guys are still enjoying cleaning your cars at weekend! I am still on the look out for a MR DC5 to detail btw (not to say I wont detail any other colour if someone needs theirs doing!)