Recent content by ricardoqld

1. R

K20A Engine

Pulled the intake manifold cover and airbox off today. Then checked the workshop manual. For anyone that's interested, looks like the JDM intake manifold (4 trumptets) is fitted to K20A (JDM) and K20A2 engines (the Oz type R and the US RSX-s). K20A3 (in the manual) seems to have a more basic...
  2. R

K20A Engine

Yeah, sadly it's way of the world.....Nazi-like, yeah, I came to similar conclusions myself :) In most states over here they have a "reasonable" tolerance set. You've basically got +10% before they book you. In Victoria though, the cameras are set at +3km/hr over the limit. You'll be booked...
  3. R

K20A Engine

You're right about the fuel issue in Oz. It's the explaination Honda gave (officially) when the type R DC5 was released. The reality is that BP sell a 98, and Shell sell a 98.4 (Optimax). The other oil companies sell a premium unleaded that varies, but the very best of them seems to be a 95...
  4. R

K20A Engine

I'm adding to my list of JDM v/s Oz Type R DC5 differences as we go along... So far : Cams, Flywheel, Intake Manifold, Complete Exhaust, Brakes (we don't get the double piston Bremos out here), Wheels & tires (16"), ECU redline, and now the speedo.. 180kph on the JDM is laughable...my miss's...
  5. R

Hidden Immobilization

Thanks. Fuel circuit seems to be the way to go. The normal immobilizer would activate a fuel cut off valve (I am only guessing) which is closed until energised (fail safe). Is there also an electric fuel pump on the DC5 ? Might be able to tap into that wire in a hidden place somewhere, and put...
  6. R

K20A Engine

Yeah, the road signs I already knew. Lived in Ealing (London) for a year in 97/98. Then near Durham in 02 for a few months. I wasn't sure it was a legal requirement for imported cars though. Do they change the face of the Speedo (calibration) ? Or simply put Mph on the existing face plate ...
  7. R

Hidden Immobilization

Question for the group. Can anyone suggest a simple way to immobilize the DC5, making it theft proof, even against thieves with electronic gadgets ? Some time ago I had a Mazda, and could do this very quickly and simply. Pop the bonnet, pull the clips off the distributor cap, and pull the rotor...
  8. R

K20A Engine

De-restricted for the UK. Got it. Were you serious about the kph to mph conversion, when they are imported ? Or pulling my leg ?
  9. R

K20A Engine

Serious ? A speed restriction is put on them in the UK ? They do that over here, in so much as no car sold in Oz can be capable of more than 250kph (155 mph). Which is bad news for Ferrari and Porsche owners, but of no concern to (most) Integra owners. I say most, because I wouldn't be too...
  10. R

K20A Engine

Got It. (yeah, the penny dropped). Didn't realise import meant "import but not by Honda". I was watching this forum some time back, and remember a story about a guy who's engine seized (oil problem I think), and took it back to a dealer to get it sorted out. I must have come to the conclusion...
  11. R

K20A Engine

OK then. This one's for T666YPR... I have another question for you.... Is the spedometer on the Type R sold in the UK marked in miles/hour, km's/hour, or both ??? Is the Odometer in miles or Km ? If you tell me there is no mention of miles, anywhere on the instrument console, on the Type R...
  12. R

Type RIP in Australia

If anyone wants to see the 2005 type R, check out the article including photos and test drive at vtec.net. Loads of info on the differences between the two models. Real shame about being dropped from the Oz line up. I didn't realise the news was already official. I had my DC5 serviced in Brissy...
  13. R

K20A Engine

Nice to hear the DC5 stacks up well against the BMW's. What mods have you made to the intake ? I have seen a few different cold intake systems on the market. Thanks to your info, I decided that mod-wise, the Oz DC5 version is probably closest to the Acura RSX-s. So I went looking through...
  14. R

K20A Engine

Thanks. That's a pretty comprehensive list to consider too. You're (also)based in Brissy I see ? I spent the last year searching user groups and technical web sites trying to work out what the difference between the K20A and the A2 were. Trying to account for -30kW. I think the Oz DC5 type R...
  15. R

K20A Engine

Thanks guys. That answers the question completely. Also explains why there is such a difference in power output.