Recent content by samhalsey

1. samhalsey

Help! Engine runs rough and cuts out!

Only the normal start up lights, can hear the fuel pump and it turns over, just won't fire! It almost sounds like it's trying to, but won't
  2. samhalsey

UPDATE! Only error code im getting is for the secondary o2 sensor. I erased the code anyway, no better. I disconnected the battery for 10 minutes to reset the ECU and now the car will not start at all. Now this has happened everytime my battery has gone flat, or been disconnected. And if im...
  3. samhalsey

Not had a chance to get a reader on it yet, I'll try get to it tonight if I can
  4. samhalsey

Eml is on, but I believe that's because the secondary o2 readings are off because of the decat. And the car was running perfect until about a week ago, so I have a feeling it's not from the cat back. It was a sudden change, which is what's leading me to think it's a sensor somewhere
  5. samhalsey

It was running perfectly until one day it decided to start running funny. It has a k&n typhoon induction, and a full exhaust system now, but otherwise on that side of things it's all standard. Still on the oem ecu for now so no map. Although when I originally got the car 3 years ago it had a...
  6. samhalsey

Firstly, I would just like to thank you lot for all your help in the past, all I seem to do on here is ask for advice! Now, I'm in need of some more advice 😂 Car was running a bit sluggish, low power in low revs etc. Felt like the cat was blocked, could also hear it rattle. swapped that out...
  7. samhalsey

Engine cranks but won't start!

Long story short. I've had my engine out, changed the head gasket, timing chain/tensioner. Timed it all up, put the engine back in. Plugged it all in, only leaving the radiator, cooling fans and aux belt off. At this point I was ready to go home, so I decided to see if it would start before...
  8. samhalsey

K20 workshop manual?

Perfect, youre a life saver! thank you
  9. samhalsey

K20 workshop manual?

Hey guys, I've tried searching but all links to a workshop manual seem to be dead. Does anyone on here know where I can get hold of one? If it's even possible? Thanks! Sam
  10. samhalsey

Engine/head removal advice!

Hey guys, so the seemingly impossible has happened, and my head gasket has blown. I think I know exactly when it all started, but it's definitely got worse over time, and I'm just now starting to see mayo on the rad cap 😩 I've removed engines and changed gaskets before, I work as an engineer...
  11. samhalsey

Derestricting but keep kph?

Oh brilliant, I'll look into it!
  12. samhalsey

Oh brilliant, I'll look into it!
  13. samhalsey

I had a feeling that was the case! Didn't know if anyone knew any little tricks! Thanks though
  14. samhalsey

This might sound silly, but is there a way to remove the 180kph limit but keep the speedo/mileage in kilometres? I've got so used to it running in kph, I also think it adds to the car! I've only hit the limit a couple of times but now I'm thinking of taking it out on track and I like the idea...