Recent content by storment

1. S

Front Number Plate Mount

I'm not sure the double sided tape straight to the bumper will work as the guy was saying it has to be perfectly vertical. I've been stopped by the police and even discussed the number plate with them and they've all said it's legal, every MOT to date has said it's legal. I don't want to spend...
  2. S

Front Number Plate Mount

Thanks, Do you know if I have to drill any bodywork for these or will they just bolt into the pre installed mounting points?
  3. S

Front Number Plate Mount

After being fine for 10+ MOTS my Teg has just failed on the Front Number Plate :-( Does anyone have and links or advice on getting some kind of mount for a front number plate. Ideally something cheap and cheerful that I can screw on for the test then take off straight after.
  4. S

Travelling To Republic Of Ireland

Ok - So having read my policy document again cover to cover I thought something seemed wrong with the answer I got. So I phoned back and the guy went and asked his manager who confirmed I AM covered. So no need for me to panic any more and problem solved.
  5. S

Travelling To Republic Of Ireland

Does anyone know who I can get temporary car insurance from when travelling to the Republic of Ireland? I'm currently with Sky Insurance but they don't cover ROI nor do they offer it as an option.
  6. S

The "what have you done to your DC5 this weekend" thread

In all fairness to my Teg. It may have been an expensive week but it's been a very happy marriage so far. I'm coming up to 8 years ownership and 150k miles on the clock. Excluding the normal service outlay and new tires, the only thing that's ever gone wrong was my lambda sensors (Which Honda...
  7. S

The "what have you done to your DC5 this weekend" thread

Very nearly blew my clutch up as well today. Just about managed to limp to the Garage. Just found out that unsurprisingly the flywheel is also roasted. With a broken Teg in pieces on top of a lift at the local garage, a new flywheel was urgently required. Local Honda dealer wanted over £500...
  8. S

New Clutch Required

Fantastic, think I'll pick one up online and find someone to fit then. Just to check is it the same clutch as a Honda Civic Type R EP3?
  9. S

New Clutch Required

Does anyone know of a good place around the Cambridge area to get a new Clutch installed? After an engine warning light issue that 2 Honda dealerships couldn't diagnose as a lambda sensor I've kind of lost faith in them. I've recently moved so no longer have access to the trusty mechanic's I'd...
  10. S

Some Fool Just Crashed Into Me!

Finally!!! Just got my Teg back and seems to be better than ever. Forgot how good it was to drive and after driving a Fiesta for the last few weeks it feels like a Veyron :-) I'll post some pics when it's light again and show you the results but I'm really happy with it!
  11. S

I dont belive it,

Gutted for you mate. So far I've been lucky as far as theives go but I must admit it was a big worry when I first got the car. I know how it feels not to have a perfect car, mines in the body shop at the moment after someone drove into it!
  12. S

DC5 Stereo and Sat Nav

I'm after the Pioneer one (See link above) but a bit too expensive to justify it at the moment. I'll just have to keep dreaming for now!
  13. S

Cheers Guy's. Think I'll look into this more tomorrow. Maybe try and find some people who are from the "approved" garage" I'd rather go to TGM but the only con is the distance there. Obviously it's going to be a long job so two trips there and back (Although the long drive in the teg is never a...
  14. S

Hi Guys. Thanks for all your help and advice so far. I was phoned by the other drivers insurers today and he's admitted full liability which is a good start. Obviously as is normal in these situations, they want me to only deal with them, so no excess or no claims bonus losses. They will give...
  15. S

Funny: Weird Al

Very Funny! People at work have been singing this all week. Well and truely stuck in my head now :lol: :lol: