Travelling To Republic Of Ireland

storment

Does anyone know who I can get temporary car insurance from when travelling to the Republic of Ireland? I'm currently with Sky Insurance but they don't cover ROI nor do they offer it as an option.

storment

Ok - So having read my policy document again cover to cover I thought something seemed wrong with the answer I got. So I phoned back and the guy went and asked his manager who confirmed I AM covered. So no need for me to panic any more and problem solved.

Altecians

Advanced Member
Just a quick note but if you are driving your DC5 over there, be aware of the different RON in fuel..95RON I believe is the highest you can get and there are some dodgy gas stations to avoid. Im sure an Irish member could better advise.

Neil@Greenlight

Authorised Trader
The Republic of Ireland should come under your Greencard (European Cover Extension) of your policy for holidays.

Best Regards
Neil

TyperItr

Advanced Member
Buy your Fuel in Maxol if you are worried about RON. Topaz and apple green are the most common here and have 95 ron Fuel. Moxol has something like 5% ethanol mixed with their fuel which boost the octane to about 98-99%

Look it up "Maxol E5"

shane_blueteg

Advanced Member
Don't buy fuel unless it's from a 'brand' garage like topaz or maxol. Maxols e5 is 99ron apparently. But as far as I know topaz is usually 98/99. They say that it is a minimum if 95. I've always used topaz and never had an issue. Just don't buy fuel from a generic garage, too many stories of cars going boom!

TyperItr

Advanced Member
Tesco petrol set my cel flashing on and off. I will only buy Maxol, wont even buy topaz