Search results

1. D

Radiator Capacity

I use typically a 80/20 mix of distilled water and Honda coolant and the Honda coolant is already a 50/50 mix. In fact most coolants are already a 50/50 mix from everything I have seen. Currently I am running like a 60/40 mix of distilled water and ARC coolant and my running temps are higher...
  2. D

New Js Racing induction kit

I would think it would make more than the GruppeM, the reason being, J's Racing always used the GruppeM on their cars, and to R&D for a year and then release to the public, I would seriously hope it was more beneficial than the GruppeM. Does that mean I will be ridding myself of the GruppeM and...
  3. D

RR graphs and mods so far - updated 9-11-07

Well as you said you can't go by looks, I am going by specs right from MBit(Maxim). Piping size, primaries are 45, secondaries are 48.6 and outlet is 54. The only thing the same with the Toda are the primaries at 45mm. This manifold is a bit restrictive for all out power gains in my opinion...
  4. D

RR graphs and mods so far - updated 9-11-07

If you can cancel the Maxim mani, do so. Why you might ask, the piping is tiny. It is about the same exact size as the stock mani, in fact it might be all the exact same diameter piping. You would be much better going with the Feels mani (made by Maxim) that utilizes the normal exmani piping...
  5. D

215 40 17 tyres

I just switched to 215/40 from 215/45, main reason, the 40 series have 6~7mm more width than the 45 series and overall about 20mm less height. They don't look too small to me on mine. In fact, they look damn good to my eyes. A friend of mine thought they were going to look small, but after he...
  6. D

Different tyres front and back a problem?

If that really is the case, talking about the law saying one can't have wider tires on front, that is completely asinine. Being that not all cars are FR or MR setups, it makes absolute sense to have a wider tire on front in a FF chassis. Why anyone would want a wider on the rear is beyond me...
  7. D

Samco induction hose

Yeah that. This sounds like what happened on ClubRSX before. The part # from Samco is the DC5 #, but the part that was sent out was the DC2 hose, the hose you received as mentioned looks like the DC2 hose to me. The DC5 hose should have 2 openings, for the temp sensor and the oil blowby hose.
  8. D

Choice to be made on new intake!

I am not sure what fitment issues people are having, I have never ever had any fitment issues with mine. Sits right where it is supposed to, bolts right up to the engine with the black tab which holds it in place, but even this is not exactly needed. Not sure why the one person has that thick...
  9. D

What is the best REAR TOWER BAR for the DC5?

Have whoever has your car get it straight from Carbing, they can go right to their website and order. :wink: You said the car will be outfitted with parts before making its way over, correct? Carbing
  10. D

What is the best REAR TOWER BAR for the DC5?

The best I have seen is the one I have recently purchased. The Carbing aluminum. Very strong and is a solid piece versus having hinged joints. They also offer a steal version for cheaper and of course heavier.
  11. D

RBC Intake manifold.

The new FD2 IM is pretty much the exact same as the RBC mani, it just doesn't have the inlet valve for the throttle body. One would have to do way too much work to get the RRC mani to work on the DC5. And still would an adapter plate for the throttle body as the new one is DBW. I know I...
  12. D

Spark Plugs

Standard plug is a 7. I stepped to a heat range 8 and have noticed a much smoother ride and also able to increase my ignition timing a good bit. This with just minor bolt-ons and a Mugen headgasket. HKS plugs are made by Denso. I'm running Denso Iridium Racing IK01-24 currently.
  13. D

HAS ANYONE GOT A B PIPE FOR AN AMUSE SYSTEM FOR SALE!

Well you could always go this route... I just ripped my canister off completely. Eventually will get a new back section or still debating Js 70RR or M&MHonda 70mm Ti setup instead.
  14. D

Standard discs - Good news for everyone !

The Ferodo front pads sell for only £40+? WTF? Here in Japan the stock pads sell for like ¥40000 and it was one of the reasons I went with the Mugen Type C pads up front as they went for like ¥26000 set.
  15. D

Mugen Brake Discs Review?

I have them and have had them for just over 2 years. They do work. The brakes stay much cooler than stock thanks to the opening to vent heat and aid in cooling. What does this help with, braking performance. I have no substantiated data to say if they stop in a shorter span, but they mated...
  16. D

Mugen N1 vs KPro

Well driving around in open loop doesn't mean you have to have poor fuel economy. I drive around in full time open loop a lot with my KPro, it all comes down to tuning really. As long as you have your car tuned right, that means when you go into closed loop mode the ECU doesn't have to do so...
  17. D

HAS ANYONE GOT A B PIPE FOR AN AMUSE SYSTEM FOR SALE!

Any particular reason you need another mid-pipe?
  18. D

Which header???

Where did that information come from about being jointly developed with Mugen? On a sidenote, the BuddyClub is made in Taiwan of inferior material. Already a couple people in the US have had issues, one with the hanger that attaches to the body, the thing ripped off leaving a hole in the...
  19. D

Yes you guessed it, another Gruppe M Fitted!

Well I actually had to rip the canister off the piping and then take a circular saw to cut away the remaining perforated piping that was still welded in place and finally to a grinder to get it to what it looks like now. Yes it is just bolted straight to the mid-pipe. The main reason I did...
  20. D

Yes you guessed it, another Gruppe M Fitted!

:( I should of had one to replace my Amuse, but I thought my engine took a shite, so I had to cancel the order and it was just 2 days from being sent to me. My engine turned out to be ok, but half the funds from the 70RR went to replacing the exhaust cam and roller from the exhaust side on #4...