Yes you guessed it, another Gruppe M Fitted!

Vicki

Advanced Member
Had my personal Mechanic :wink: (the brother-in-law) pop round for a bit today and fit my Gruppe M and Strut brace for me :D

Got to say that Gruppe M sounds awesome. I put my foot down and was grinning from ear to ear. Although I've only had the car since April I have been dying to get some noise from it and that just chuffed me sooooo much!!!!

Hoping to get my Fujitsubo RM-01A fitted on Tuesday. Tried today but the bolts holding the back box on are ceased so go to take it to the local exhaust place :(

Should be all fixed up for JAE! :D

Some pics to bore you :wink:

Attachments

DC5RK20A

Advanced Member
glen8 said:
has anyone got a js racing 70rr :lol:
:( I should of had one to replace my Amuse, but I thought my engine took a shite, so I had to cancel the order and it was just 2 days from being sent to me. My engine turned out to be ok, but half the funds from the 70RR went to replacing the exhaust cam and roller from the exhaust side on #4 cylinder. The damn valve keeper somehow just broke allowing the valve to stick up about 1/8~1/4" and score the cam and roller. Still might get it one day undecided. Currently my Amuse has no canister and is just a straight pipe. :evil: :evil: :evil:

It was loud before, but now it is insane and I love it!!!

turbo5

Advanced Member
DC5RK20A said:
Looking at that photo makes me wonder :!:

I have a buddy club spec IV and I had a jubilee clip connecting the B pipe to the back box, instead of the springs which should have been fitted. In 18 months I had broken the rear hanger on the back box twice, and eventually remade a very strong rear hanger which also broke. If you look at the OEM B pipe and back box it has the springed bolts which allows movement between the two connecting exhaust parts. The jubilee clip didn't. I eventually fit a new back box hanger and the official springs and the problem has gone.

Looking at the photo, is your back box section just connected to the B pipe with bolts. ie not allowing any movement :?: that might be the root cause for breaking off the back box section.

DC5RK20A

Advanced Member
Well I actually had to rip the canister off the piping and then take a circular saw to cut away the remaining perforated piping that was still welded in place and finally to a grinder to get it to what it looks like now. Yes it is just bolted straight to the mid-pipe. The main reason I did what I did was because the inner perforated piping had a good 1~1.5" hole out of it and all the packing material was already gone. I can't say that there was any bad design or need for spring bolts.