Search results

1. J

Facelift rear suspension - small link up from top arm

That's exactly what it is fella :) you will need to fabricate some sort of bracket for it if fitting camber adj. my mechanic made mine up form some stuff he had lying around the workshop ,so no biggie
  2. J

Bumper melting...

Not really ment for the job but how about this stuff... http://www.vtecdirect.com/online/item-- ... 0-000.html used it to stop my bumper melting, it sticks really well and doesn't fall off after 5 mins . i've taken most of it off now as manged to drop my exhaust down a bit more.
  3. J

KPRO Help

Paul's not a big fan of launch control by the looks of it then :lol: he also put me off the idea of it and said your'e better off controling it with teh right foot :lol: will have to check to see if mine revs past 5000 at standstill, not tried it since it was kpro'd. I did have a idle...
  4. J

Mr Alex Engine mounts....

If you don't need or want uprated engine mounts go back to standard or get some mugen mounts they are slightly stiffer than standard but not much more, so won't vibrate as much as the ones you currently have
  5. J

J's 70rr vs Amuse R1 Titan exhaust

My amuse ti exhaust cracked a couple of times, it's still sitting in teh garage waiting to be fixed :roll: TGM have a full ti system on one of their race dc5's and that has gone several times and had to be repaired from what i gather.. needless to say i'll not be bothering with another...
  6. J

lightest dc5 thread

Vechice weight with aircon is 1180 according to the specs page but think that's weighed without fluids in.. still 1340 seems a tad high ?
  7. J

lightest dc5 thread

My car is by no means the lightest out there but do have few aftermarket parts that reduce weight, chief among them being my CE28n's that only weigh a measly 13.8lb each (OE rim weighs 19lb!). also got some project mu front rotors to fit which will shed another 3kg of unsprung weight 8) Other...
  8. J

what is this?

looks like a GPS antenna
  9. J

Keep it or ditch it?

Looks like a Bomex kit.. not the biggest fan of that kit to be honest The pre-facelift teg looks good the way it is - so i would probs put it back to standard though i might look for some different side skirts, imo the oem look a bit understated.
  10. J

RPM with standard setup

8600 rpm - that's what Paul (Tdi north) set mine to, any higher on a standard engine your risking it
  11. J

most powerfull na car on here ??

Mines mapped on vpower as well.. gotta travel 15 mile out of my way to get it but i think it's worth it
  12. J

Black Interior to Red

Fitting new carpet's not actually too bad of job once you remove the front seats and the centre console (which is easy) then it's just a matter of popping off some bits of trim, lower anchor seat belt bolts and lifting up lower part of the rear seat. took some pics of mine in various stages...
  13. J

your thoughts

SPC here.. never had any problems with them
  14. J

most powerfull na car on here ??

black teg - 273bhp 172 lb/ft torque K-pro, Toda A2 cams, RBC intake, Gruppe M CAI, Spoon T/B, Toda Manifold, Mugen Twinloop Stevieg - 271.8Bhp / 185.6 lb-ft Torque (needs a tweek!) K-pro, Toda A3 Cams, RBC IM, Gruppe M, FGK RM01A Exhaust Zero7 - 262 (I think) Davy 01cw5 - 261bhp 180lb/ft...
  15. J

RBC Intake manifold.

Here's mine 252 BHP 185.1 lbft
  16. J

RBC Intake manifold.

I used a rubber lined p-clip to secure the ac line secured at the hole to the right of the original brackets location, used a 6mm bolt and lock nut
  17. J

PS3 Owners that like Gran Turismo

Don't think you can buy stuff and mod the cars in that way but you can unlock a quick tune menu which allows you to modify the setup of the car if you complete all the events 8)
  18. J

PS3 Owners that like Gran Turismo

My prologue copy turned up today, i also bought the DC5 8) just been playing through the the various events and the DC5 is caning everythng so far :D
  19. J

De-badged or not?

weight saving.. leave them off.. only joking :P nah if it was me i'd put them back, dont look finished without them
  20. J

Public thankyou, Dave Johnson and TGM

looks like they did a good job glad your cars back on the road again fella :)