Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Revert back to OEM - How dare you mess with perfection

• Change to a different kit - One that's not quite as crazy

• Total voters

premadonna555

Advanced Member
Right then guys, when i bought my DC5 it had shall we say quite an 'original' body kit. I've had the car a few months now and i'm in two minds whether to convert back to OEM, go a different route with the kits or of course leave it as it is.

I'm not sure what make the kit is, but i have to say it's quite a nice fitment. The side skirts are quite possibly the craziest side skirts i've ever seen on any car, with them having a bit that actually sticks out from the side of the car.

So anyway, I know most of you lot are Integra purists, and there's certainly nothing wrong with that, but lets have a poll, keep it or ditch it?

The rear bumper is OEM.

Oh and one pic that's had that HDR treatment that my mate took, grey dc5 anyone?

moggs

Advanced Member
I say put it back to original. the bumper does nothing for the car to be honest and the skirts stick out to far and make the wheels look small. Just what i think but if you like it keep it as is.

premadonna555

Advanced Member
I agree about the wheels, but thought that might be due to not having the car lowered, or should i say with the car lowered it might look more balanced.

I do think the 17" wheels look small on all DC5's, but then you'd be sacrificing the performance if the diameter was increased, and I don't want to do that.

I'm in two minds, i'm quite happy with how it looks in one way, but then i don't want the car to look chavvy, and it might be on the brink of chavdom!

phil r

Advanced Member
keep it or ditch it

side skirts a no no , just being honest , not a lover of body kits the cars look great as oem :)

JCW

Advanced Member
Looks like a Bomex kit.. not the biggest fan of that kit to be honest
The pre-facelift teg looks good the way it is - so i would probs put it back to standard though i might look for some different side skirts, imo the oem look a bit understated.

Wardy7

Advanced Member
Even if you decide to keep the bumper (that isn't too bad) get rid of the side skirts, for me personally I think they look terrible and ruin the look of your car (each to their own though) :)

Cheers
Wardy

timp

Advanced Member
don't look too bad mate, whats the fitment like? thats what makes a chav car

MattDC5

Advanced Member
I dont think the skirts are that bad, the bumper lets it down though.

Guess theres quite a few factors determining whether you should get another kit or go OEM. Id like a Mugen front bumper and possibly skirts but think id constantly be scraping it on speed bumps, plus theres the costs as well :?

premadonna555

Advanced Member
Well i do have a mugen air box, so was thinking about the mugen front bumper to improve the ram air effect.

The fitment of everything is very well done. Which is the only reason i bought the car in the first place.

I'm more of a fan of the front bumper than the side skirts, but after a while it does start to look 'right'.

The local car club were very unsure when i first got it, but after a month or so, they changed their minds and liked it, which i think is the only reason why i've not changed it already.

The paint match is also excellent, which is a bonus.

redcap

Advanced Member
I say go OEM as i like i others like the look of the DC5 OEM kit, you might find it quite expensive to do though unless you can get the bumpers and skirts from salvage and get them sprayed. Good luck with it. :D

premadonna555

Advanced Member
Shouldn't cost too much, i saw that gorgeous mugen kitted cw dc5 on here, where he's bought the kit fully sprayed from Takikara (sp?) IIRC. I thought the prices were reasonable.

I think if i had the originals sat in the garage then i'd definitely go back to OEM, but i do like the originality of a kitted DC5.

I think i'd quite like to go 100% mugen, but could cost a small fortune if i got the whole kit.

Greensprout

Advanced Member
Ditch the kit, looks so much better OEM..

What's with the sedcond pic looks like the cars been primered :?

dotty

Advanced Member
OEM look gets my vote.

either that or the complete Mugen look, IMO just a mugen bumper or just a mugen wing looks wrong :eek:

celox performance

Advanced Member
I don't like the side skirts and i've voted that you change the bodykit.

I've been looking into getting a J's Racing one for mine and i've heard they can be picked up for less than £1000 :D