Search results

1. carfiend

What steering wheel is in the DC5?

I suspect like the seats they are bespoke to the car.
  2. carfiend

DC5 gone......whats next?

S4 is a nice car. Looked at one along with an E46 M3 and if you want something powerful to use every day and don't mind the fuel bills then the Germans are your best bet. You could for around the same money get an E39 M5 which has the same V8 sound track but will be a bit more leggy with...
  3. carfiend

I was told when looking that if you are going for a GTR to budget in the cost of an engine rebuild since the RB26 lump is a bit highly stung and likes to spin the shells when the mood takes it. If you can find one that has had a rebuild already then that is the best idea.
  4. carfiend

R34 GTT like mine About £8000 for a manual or £6500-£7000 for a tiptronic and spend about £1500 on a manual conversion then save up the rest and stick an extra £2-3k in for a Stage 1 kit which is about 320-350 bhp depending on engine health and what not, uprate the brake pads, fluid...
  5. carfiend

Modified Dc5 - like or dislike??

Ehh the colour is ok but the wheels, body kit, bonnet and rear wing are a bit vomit inducing. If you did get it and replaced the not so nice parts and sold them off you would still need to get it resprayed so it didn't look like a patch work quilt.
  6. carfiend

Post up your mileage of your DC5

Re: Post up your mileage of your 2001 DC5. Mine was about 91k when it was stolen.
  7. carfiend

From the factory... locking wheel nuts and immobilisers?

More to do with the fact if you are caught the police beat the crap out of you and your family disown you. Bit more than an ASBO and a slap on the wrist.
  8. carfiend

25mm Drop... any problems?

Had about the same amount on the coilovers on my old teg. Had to raise it back up due to the speed bumps at work.
  9. carfiend

DC5 valuation

When mine was stolen I got £8k from the insurance company. That was a Y Plate with high miles. The valuation was backed up by private and trade adverts as well as cost to import a similar car from Japan.
  10. carfiend

Thinking of Buying

Got my Teg from him and it was picture perfect. Nice bloke who only sells good cars.
  11. carfiend

Ouch!

Mine didn't until they needed replacing of course.
  12. carfiend

Considering...

1. Nope 2. If you like but never heard of anyone doing it probably a legal gray area 3. Should do. Some might of been cut up for speakers to be fitted in Japan and removed by the seller. You can get new ones but they are not that cheap. 4. Dealers I went to for bits and bobs seemed happy enough...
  13. carfiend

~KUMHO~ Tyres

A lot of the M car drivers like them since they are decent enough for driving are cheap enough to not worry about shredding all the time.
  14. carfiend

Teg will be going soon

Jesus you were selling this over a year ago. I bet those standard struts are still at Toms!
  15. carfiend

Allan and Allan - Manners are Free

Well so I have been looking around at insurance for a new car and I as put through to Allan and Allan. The phone jockey then asked me the car, my age and the best price I have had who then promptly hung up when I was in mid sentence. So there you go guys and girls. A good example of how not to...
  16. carfiend

My Teg has been half inched - Y948 PVJ

Well I have my money but it is not all good in the end really as I have lost 2 years no claims and will have that claim putting my insurance up for the next 3 years.
  17. carfiend

Right well they have paid up what I wanted now with no more fuss. Taken about two months to get this sorted so if the unfortunate happens keep that in mind and also that you will not get a hire car. And..... relax. Cheers for all your support.
  18. carfiend

Not going to give in to the morons. I have provided evidence that they are living in cloud cookcoo land and they just need to pay up.
  19. carfiend

Why do people in certain cars always want to race?

Yes do that then you fit a second bottle for the rear jet which you refill every time nature calls.
  20. carfiend

Why do people in certain cars always want to race?

Because they are morons?