Why do people in certain cars always want to race?

Martctr

Advanced Member
Always been the same since I started driving. Of course my first car was a 1.6 corsa GSI so you expect the paxo's to always try it on.

Next I moved to the EP3 and discovered reliability and a new found street cred (this was when the car was alot newer), but still the saxo's and the corsa's would try it on, but I also found BMW's also had to play this game.

DC5 - The paxo's and corsa's don't play, the BMW's only play the game if they have a Badge that says M (and I say yeah off you go I know I'm owned). Scoobs with pink badges want to play, but it's a nicer kinda play. I don't mind playing providing it's on an appropriate road and speeds are kept fairly close to the limits as I have no wish to lose my licence or be a menace to other road users.

Last night I'm driving in a relaxed way on a DC and im crossing a junction passing a Audi TT I cut hair for a living car, but I can't pass because his car has now moved a wheel into my lane so I stay back thinking this is a typical bad driver. Get to a set of lights and he is now one car behind me. The car in front of him turns off and I have a TT reving beside me. I won't turn this to a street racing post, but his Audi is not quicker and to try be clever he undertook another car then cut in front of it just avoiding a car that was in front of him :xspank: His number plate was TRY IT! Left him to it after that as that's just stupid driving.

Strangly enough my friend had a TT try it on against his TVR :-k is the TT the new boy racer twat car? :xconfused:

Rob84

Advanced Member
It seems like to me that they see the DC5 as some sort of "trophey" and when I get similar idiots try it on, 9 time out of 10 I let them get on with it and let them think they've beaten me. Its only when a car comes along that I know will be a bit of a challenge that I show any "resistance"

Cardiff r33

Advanced Member
well coming from someone who has mainly owned skylines, the people that always try and race me are CTR owners :eek:

Probably wont say this on the type r owners forum but its true and most of the ones act like idiots as if the CTR is the fastest car on the road.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
:lol:

I'm starting to get really tired of seeing just a windscreen in my rear view mirror. When someone isn't so close and I can read the numberplate... is when I realise its a BMW or a Merc. Once you are on the motorway though.... its :xbye:

Non motorway though, It's best to slow down to the speed limit... that really agitates them :lol: Many times have I slowed down to about 25 in a 30, the look on their face says it all... oh... and if they try to overtake... put your foot down, lol. :xClubbed:

Andy Teg

PORTHOS said:
:lol:

I'm starting to get really tired of seeing just a windscreen in my rear view mirror. When someone isn't so close and I can read the numberplate...
Somebody on here has mentioned before about adjusting one of your washers so it shoots up over the roof and onto the car behind if they're close enough - ie: some tailgating idiot. One of mine does that and its surprising how often it works, they often take the hint and back off after a couple of extended soakings! :D

carfiend

Advanced Member
Yes do that then you fit a second bottle for the rear jet which you refill every time nature calls.

mark type r

Advanced Member
I had a Fiesta ST yesterday that wouldn't overtake me :green:

I was driving really steady due to lack of petrol and i expected him to whizz by but when i pulled into the slow lane, he just followed. :xlol:
I did actually respect him for it :xcheers:

My biggest problem is reps in anything with a TDi, usually Passat's. They're terrible :roll:

another_ronald

Advanced Member
Keep it short, just this week alone :
Mon: Audi TT
Tue: Porsche BoxterS
Wed: Golf (not a Gti can't tell from rear mirror, likely to be a TDi)
Fri: Don't know yet, i will find out after work.

I don't race with them at all, but they have tried to overtake or overtaken me at the wrong time/point. I am surprise to see that they are 40+ men.

Ron

WestYorkshireman

Advanced Member
I tend to find that Seat Leon Cupra drivers do tend to have a complex about the size of their manhoods and have to prove themselves in some way as soon as they see the Type R badge :lol:

ladykb

Advanced Member
LOL I have been reading all these nodding yep! :D

However for me it generally goes like this...

1 - Boy racer so close he could be a passenger
2 - changes lane to pull level
3 - looks into the driver window
4 - notices I am a Blonde (woman) driver
5 - stays level grinning
6 - puts foot down to show me what a man he is LOL

When I dont retaliate they tend to slow down again have another look and then we start from point 5 again LOL... just let them get on with it!

I guess it will be worse when I am in my DC5 only driving my DC2 at the moment :D :xlol:

mikegsi

Staff member
After extensive research it's been discovered that they all have little willys

Don't forget this forum doesn't do street racing, as long as it's kept within these boundaries it should be ok

Andy Teg

ladykb said:
5 - stays level grinning
6 - puts foot down to show me what a man he is LOL

When I dont retaliate they tend to slow down again have another look and then we start from point 5 again LOL... just let them get on with it!
You know one day one of these idiots will probably go straight into the back of the car in front because he hasn't noticed the traffic slowing/stopping! I find the majority of people who think they have something to prove tend to do it on stretches of road with lowered limits - dual carriageway with a 50 limit for example - anyone can do 70 in a 50 limit :roll: I had one recently, while toddling along minding my own business at the speed limit on such a stretch of road. Noticed a pair of headlights approaching rapidly, then pulled alongside and overtook when he realised I wasn't the least bit interested. Little yellow pug 106 with classy tribal graphics down the side, I wouldn't have stood a chance! :D

LeeH

Advanced Member
I never seem to get anyone trying to 'race' me. The DC5 seems to hold a level of respect compared to my EP3.

Cannot be doing with it anyhow..........

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
i often see just windscreens in my rear view mirror but i never seem to get people try and race me though. I don't go for that stuff anyway, just love driving the teg.

leehonda

I remember about 2 maybe 3 years ago sitting at the lights in my old EE9 civic and noticing a red ATR pull up behind me. Didn't pay much attention to it, but then it started revving its engine like a tool and i thought here we go....
so i set off normal thinking what a t*t i had behind me next. Next set of lights it pulled along side and lowered his window and i thought he were go now so i lowered mine and to my amazement it was an unmarked copper! :eek:
He then commented on how clean my civic was and how surprised he was that i didn't shoot off from the lights and then drove off! Which then made me think, well what if i had done? Would i now be getting a good shouting at or worse! That was entrapment in my eyes!
Needless to say every time an ATR with no boot spoiler (There was 2 a red and a black) was spotted driving about round Manchester people behaved themselves!

MattDC5

Advanced Member
I dont get people trying it on at all really. The only 'play' ive had has been with another dc5 and a vauxhall omega, which turned out to be an unmarked police car :?